Picked up $58.50 worth of halves from a branch, out of the 8.50 loose I saw 6 silvers

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $58.50 worth of halves , I see 6 silvers out of the 8.50 loose

Man oh man today was sweeeeeeet!!!

Decided to hit up a bank I hadnt stopped at in a month or so, and was trying to waste some time because another bank told me a teller had 260$ in CWR halves but didnt start for a couple hours(was skunked in the end then).

But the one teller had 5.50 loose and I saw a few silvers mixed in, and asked if anyone else had halves, and the other teller said he had 53$ worth, 3$ loose he passed over first had silver in it as well. Then he handed over the rolls, just plain newer rolls, no markings. I of course asked if the same customer brought everything in, and he did bring in all the halves, and 4 ikes, which the ikes were a bust, no type 2's out of the 2 I checked.

Well I finally opened the rolls, I wanted to open them at that banks parking lot, but there was alot of business in and out, so I didnt wanna freak out if they were full of silver. haha

Sure enough, I look in the first roll and its silver on the top, and then the bottom, so I plop the coins out and it was almost all silver, had a few clad mixed in, roll 2, same thing, roll 3 same, roll 4 same, roll 5 solid!!!

Ended up scoring 96 40% coins!!!:hello2::hello2::hello2::headbang::headbang:

Or 48$ face value of 40% silver!!

Definitely brightened my day!

HH all!!

IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great score info. You have some great luck. I find a few here and there but usually not a lot at once. Jealous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread