Picked up a Garrett Scorpion at a pawn shop

Weasel

Greenie
Feb 18, 2011
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion gold stinger
Hello to all, this is my first post. Hope to use the scorpion detector this spring when I learn how it works. My wife spotted the unit at the pawn shop while looking for sluice box and other gold type goodies. I saw that Garrett's 800 number was on the detector and went outside and called them. The fellow asked for the serial # and I went in and copied it down, the unit was under two years old. Garrett said if I bought it to send it to them and they would check it out with QC and ship it back at no charge.

I bagged the detector for $150, shipped it to Garrett, everything checked out perfect. Now I have to learn how to use it. They gave me a pocket manual, but it seems a little confusing. I used to have a White 6000D coin master in the late 70's, but this rig is a different style.

This is a great sight, I am happy I ran across it.

Weasel

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You got a steal of a deal :headbang:. Google Garrett Scorpion forum to find a forum with lots of tips.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Talk about a steal!!!! Good job!!

OP
OP
W

Weasel

Greenie
Feb 18, 2011
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Thanks John and Stoopstroop

I will check out the Scorpion forum. Up here in N. Idaho I still have snow and ice on ground. Spring will be a good time to practice with the unit.
I am building a highbanker at this time and I am almost done. Diesel fuel will kill me if it makes the $5 mark.

Stay safe

Weasel

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW, Did you ever luck out there that's a great detector ....And a great price.........

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Great deal. I think this post also says a lot about the great service you got
from Garrett. My hat is off to them.
You got two great deals!
Rich

OP
OP
W

Weasel

Greenie
Feb 18, 2011
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett is a super company. They bent over backwards to help me on a warranty. I sent the unit without the battery's as per Garrett, yet they sent it back to me with new battery's inside.

So $10 shipping for me and broke even with the battery's. Couldn't ask for better service.

Weasel

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread