Picked up--old gent and his 2 sisters

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Went out this morning to one of my favorite parks near my house, with my M6 and the Excelerator 4.5X7 coil.
As I usually hit the playground areas first and don't find much, so I did a quick scan around the swings and slides. Not getting anything I start around the old baseball field area and begin picking up some clad coins.

Along one edge of the park they had scraped down about 5 inches of dirt. This was done a couple of months ago for some unknown reason....probably going to put a walking/jogging trail around the park since this park does NOT have one of those yet, like lots of other parks.
In the process of picking up newer pennies, I eyeballed a nice golf ball, and dropped it into my finds pouch.

Still hunting for coins in this area, I then picked up, an old gentleman and his 2 good looking sisters .They had been there a while....waiting for someone to help them out of the rut they were in.
I was very happy to oblige them. :)

Searched around for about another 15 minutes ,and didn't find nothing but more screwcaps, bottlecaps and pulltabs...which I dig at this park, so the older coins have more space to be found.

After an hour and a half of hunting, it was starting to feel much hotter than the 86 degrees that the weatherman said it was..... this park isn't going anywhere...so I will come back again...just like I have been doing for years and years.................. ;)

Attachments

• wednesday.jpg
    wednesday.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 606
  • trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Nice twins. My schools and playgrounds are pretty thin too lately.
Can't wait for school to start and reload.....

Keep safe...

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
I have never seen a golf ball...if I did, I would pick it up and throw it...I love to watch them fling through the air.

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
KirkPA said:
I have never seen a golf ball...if I did, I would pick it up and throw it...I love to watch them fling through the air.

Dude, You wanna try something cool.....Take a golf ball and hit it with a baseball bat......Lets talk about some distance!!!

Nice silver BTW!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What a handsome fella and his two beautiful sisters! That was so nice of you to assist them from the rut they were most likely, hastly dropped into. They look pretty good for the time they may have been there...they seemed to have weathered the elements well! Kudos to you ;)

Oh, searching my son's elem school the other day....found 5 golfballs....one yellow (pinnacle 1), one pink (volvik crystal 3) and 3 white (one reading: Thommo Titanium Golf Challenge '99: Thomms Titanium 5, another reads: The Currituck Club: Titleist 1 and the other reads: The Daniel Group, Inc: Original Ultra 1). I really like the pink one, so crystal looking and such a pretty color...that one is truly a keeper! ;)

Hope you find the rest of the family when you re-visit the park!

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

MissyW72

Jun 25, 2007
Houston
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Stormtrooper154 said:
KirkPA said:

Dude, You wanna try something cool.....Take a golf ball and hit it with a baseball bat......Lets talk about some distance!!!

Nice silver BTW!!!

HEY that's how my brother broke the basement window when we were kids! OMG the look on my brothers face when my dad started coming out of the house......LOL

Great finds Dimeman, hopefully there will be some of those on Monday! ;D

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
RUDY2003 said:
Nice twins. My schools and playgrounds are pretty thin too lately.
Can't wait for school to start and reload.....

Keep safe...

Some of the parks near me were built in the late 50's and early 60's.......I'm still getting old coins from them sometimes. :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Really sweet finds! Congrats on the silver! What am I doing wrong? I have tried everything and I can't get my detector to pick up golf balls.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
piggman1 said:
Really sweet finds! Congrats on the silver! What am I doing wrong? I have tried everything and I can't get my detector to pick up golf balls.

You have to put it on the "eyeball" setting. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread