Picked Up Some Books

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I was sitting here at the house a couple nights ago and this lady I just met at my last show calls me and tells me someone had just brought in some books on artifacts into her shop and wanted to give them to someone who collected. She said she immediately thought of me. Today I go pick them up and I was blown away at what they are. Most of them are first editions of some very famous collectors and scholars of the past like Shetrone, Morehead, Veitzen, Payne, Mills, etc. I offered to pay and she said the guy insisted she give them to someone.

I look some some of them up and they aren't worth a lot but they range from 1905(Moreheads book) to 1957(Fossil Men). They are all fairly rough too but still great additions to the library.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    787.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    600.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! That should be some good reading. Several look good, but The Hopewell Mound Group of Ohio looks especially interesting.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Immortal Stone Age is a fun one to read. It doesn’t take long, but is an interesting snap shot of thinking of the time.

I looked through it briefly last night and he had some odd ideas. One that stood out was his assumption that Grooved Bar Weights were Handles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread