Picking an Angus baby, Scout, Recon or da BOSSSSS?

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So soooomebody didn't like their christmas present. I neeeeever find anything in the bargain cave. Not true, I find stuff that I can go downstairs and pay just a little be more for one in the box. They wanted freak'n $0.14/rnd for 22lr so I head up and take a look. Reloading station for more than it was just on sale. What's that, plain brown box?! Angus? A sluice? The Recon, marked to $50. Ok, let me check this out.

New in box, even with instructions. Surf for prices. Marked down from $74. That can't be right, they never have that big a deal in here. Let me think about it.

Walk around the room, fondle the bows and big bores, I really need to get one of those, then start walking back to the spot where the Recon was and it's gone.... nnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!..... Just kidding... as I headed over I looked up and there was a LARGE plain brown box. NNNNoooo, THAT can't be another one. Yep the freak'n Boss marked down to $80something. Wait, what? Same deal, open the box and find instructions and unmolested sluice. Online shows it was $140 at cabelas.

Just a few weeks before I went to the local store to grab a letrap and they were out. Something about christmas shoppers.

Anyway, what do you do? Wait for the Letrap, choose between the boss and recon? Huh? HOW!? Why?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with the AM sluices, they catch barely visible gold with some pieces I have to use a 10X loop just to make sure.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would have bought both without thinking twice.... even if I didnt need them I could sell them for a profit.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No reason to wait for a Le Trap. That Boss will do at least as well and is easier to set up in the stream due to being more rigid...get it!

OP
OP
J

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason to wait for a Le Trap. That Boss will do at least as well and is easier to set up in the stream due to being more rigid...get it!
There was a letrap at the AZ gold show for $90. It was the only one and when I picked it up, it wiggled like a fat lady in the mud chasing donuts.

I'm still curious to run after another so I will keep an eye open.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was a letrap at the AZ gold show for $90. It was the only one and when I picked it up, it wiggled like a fat lady in the mud chasing donuts. I'm still curious to run after another so I will keep an eye open.
exactly...some like em but they're not for me ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread