Picking though trashy site still old stuff in there including old buckle and sterling spoon handle.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been detecting here on and off since July and it's pretty loaded. If it's nice enough out I'll stop like 2 hours in early evening once a week and dig the trashy signals and iffy stuff. It's slow but there's still a good bit of bottle cap and down signals in here. Some of them end up being non trash items.

2 Indians are no date toasted front, fatty 1863.
Buttons- 2 flat buttons and a tombac cast in shank coat button with design. Little chewed up on edges but it's fragile. Total buttons for here is at 11 now.

Spoon piece is definitely silver and monogrammed Mc K.

Buckles-suspender buckle and another I've not seen before though I've been told it's later 1700s to like 1800.

Think the handle is from a old candle stick??
Also shown are a doorknob escutcheon and door lock escutcheon?

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_195207_634.jpg
    IMG_20230222_195207_634.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20230209_140842_803.jpg
    IMG_20230209_140842_803.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230221_180124.jpg
    20230221_180124.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
Upvote 11

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I've been detecting here on and off since July and it's pretty loaded. If it's nice enough out I'll stop like 2 hours in early evening once a week and dig the trashy signals and iffy stuff. It's slow but there's still a good bit of bottle cap and down signals in here. Some of them end up being non trash items.

Buttons- 2 flat buttons and a tombac cast in shank coat button with design. Little chewed up on edges but it's fragile. Total buttons for here is at 11 now.

Buckles-suspender buckle and another I've not seen before though I've been told it's later 1700s to like 1800.

I’m getting into similar trashy signals. Right now I’m finding old cans, copper pipe, nails etc. I can discriminate, but really want to see everything. I built on an old farm site. I don’t know how it was laid out originally. I want to find clues as to where the house, outhouse, barn etc was located. Keep digging, and good luck.🍀

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m getting into similar trashy signals. Right now I’m finding old cans, copper pipe, nails etc. I can discriminate, but really want to see everything. I built on an old farm site. I don’t know how it was laid out originally. I want to find clues as to where the house, outhouse, barn etc was located. Keep digging, and good luck.🍀
Thank you. The silver spoon part definitely didn't sound good. Pretty thin. Good luck to you as well. Guess you figure you find a bunch of horse tac in one area you know your near the old barn ect?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Very nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread