All Treasure Hunting
Silver ratio. Xchange rate a bonus

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can but canadians in vending machines the hit regect button and gives you the us ones

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes sense; all Canadian coins look silver, so most tellers wouldn't know automatically which really are silver. But how do you dump them?

Their is a bank that takes can. coinage for face. I also live in proximity to the border, and want to go to Whistler this year.

I imagine my rolls of quarters and dimes will be easy to spend. Gas station - perhaps the hotel? Or just take them into a bank. I only have 300 face so far. If the exchange rate goes wonkers, I have a little canadian cash too.

I have found 1 king george the later quarter - 4 or 5 other silver quarters - half of them are 50%ers. and 6 or so silver dimes. I didn't keep exact track, they are in the tubes of like coins now.

don't anyone dare horn in on my can coin project. :) kidding peeps

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just sold a couple dozen of my crh'd 67-68 silver can dimes, best I could do was 50 cents ea. My LCS wasn't even interested.
I'm holding on to the 80%.

OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 50 cents? In my mind, they are worth a buck. The 80%ers are neat. Nothing wrong with a fractional trade unit

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I'm culling my safe-deposit box so I don't have to buy a larger one, which will happen sooner or later. They are the first to go.
How much does a SDB run where you're worried about spending more on it Mine is $105 a year and that was $25 more than the next smallest one, but twice as big.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
How much does a SDB run where you're worried about spending more on it Mine is $105 a year and that was $25 more than the next smallest one, but twice as big.
Mine went from $25 last year to $42 this year, that's almost a 100% increase in fees and no doubt it will double again. The box is only about 18X5x3". I made a few major purchases this year so now I'm back to pinching pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions