Pics.

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
Here are a few pics of my pit. They aren't that good because you have to have a pretty small file to post it on here. Oh well. Anyways does anyone have any ideas about what I should do with all these rusted tin cans and broken glass? Can I recycle the rusted cans, or do I need to take them to the dump? I have know clue! All I know for sure at this point is that I can't just leave this stuff in the ground so it has to come out! Well hope you like them, theres not much.

Attachments

• Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 374
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 361
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 364

beavis

Mar 11, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WOW. you've been busy cookiemonstr87. You should be able to take the cans to a scrap yard, if there's enough to make it worth while. How long are you planning on digging that hole?

Attachments

• hummm.gif
    hummm.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 362

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
The right thing to do is put it back in the ground. Try to leave the place as close to how you found it as possible. Nice bottles and digs. At least you not leaving a crater with a mound of cans and broken glass around it. I don't think the rusted can have any value as scrap.

You could see if the scrap yard will take it. I would just dump it in the trash if it was on my property.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Fun time Danna.
I hope you find a few Keepers in there.

I did some work on your Pictures,
to make them a little easier for my eyes.

Jeff

Attachments

• !!!!ndex.jpg
    !!!!ndex.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 330
  • !!!ndex.jpg
    !!!ndex.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 322
  • !!ndex.jpg
    !!ndex.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 334
  • !ndex.jpg
    !ndex.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 323
  • !!!!!ndex.jpg
    !!!!!ndex.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 317

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Wow keep going Danna, looks like you might make some money on the bottles at least, alot of collectors out there. Try Ebay or heres another link
http://www.sha.org/bottle/index.htm
lotsa other places on the web for bottle collectors, let me know if you need more info. As far as the cans, I'd say you could go either way sell for scrap, take to dump or replace in ground. If ecology is a concern, those cans will eventually degrade and rust away. Course that would leave one Helluva big halo for some unsuspecting futuristic MDer to find. :D :D :D

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Looks like there's probably lots of cool stuff buried there! I was never a bottle collector until I found one along a creek here. I was checking out the area with my Metal detector, I had found an old (about 1860 or so...no date on it but I looked it up online) French coin and noticed an old looking bottle in the same area. So far I've now been back there about 3 or 4 times and plan on going back this weekend on a bottle hunt. I've found some pretty cool old bottles, my favorites being the medicine/drugstore type bottles.
By the way, welcome to the board! I've been on here about a year, alot of really cool people on here and they really know what they're talking about when it comes to getting info!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can I recycle the rusted cans, or do I need to take them to the dump?

Too late. With that many I'd say you qualify as the dump. :D

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
That is gonna be A LOT of work, I really hope it pays off. I say take the cans to a scrap-yard or a proper landfill, just get the garbage outta the ground.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Outstanding! Maybe post some of those bottles here, in the Bottles and Glass section. A lot of knowledgeable members here to help ;)
:) Yes you are aren't you SWR. :) Nice dump Danna.Keep on diggin.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Danna.

Seriously that is a nice hole.
You do good work.

Like I said before,
You might want to learn some basic Chinese.

Thanks for sharing.
I am amazed.

OD

PS ..No boys till you are 40 OK.
LOL

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I would be digging for days if I found a place like that. Looks like a bottle hunters heaven to me. Careful of that glass though. I have had some mean cuts in places so full of bottles!
HH
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread