Picture day

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Decided that I needed to take some pics of my gold because I'm selling it all tomorrow. Here they are =]

image-1419852025.jpg

image-3353490514.jpg

Attachments

• image-3427644453.jpg
    image-3427644453.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 1

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beautiful gold--that's a great catch you've got there. Good luck on your sale.

All the best,

Lanny

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gonna miss it, im sure. How much is there?

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How long did it take you to amass that? What method? What area? Just curious of course. Love to hear success stories.

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How long did it take you to amass that? What method? What area? Just curious of course. Love to hear success stories.

About a month or so. It took a variation of methods. Sniping mostly but also sluicing wherever I saw overburden. I'm in Placer county CA. I'm selling it to improve some of my equipment. Trying to fix up my gravity dredging setup. My sluice is kind of falling apart so I have to build a new one.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Nice gold for sure, looks like lots of hard work. When you say a month I am betting almost daily for a month for that much butter. Keep at it your doing great!! I have a keene full size I dont use any more let me know if your interested, will trade for au.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When a person looks at those three pics, seems impossible to mistake pyrite, mica, etc. for gold. May you get twice as much next time!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice and chunky, very sweet:). I hope you get top dollar for it so you can fix up your equipment!!

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On eBay?! Really?? I kind of want to try doing that. Have you sold yours on eBay before?

Yes! I highly recommend it. You will make so much more. :)

I'd sell all the pickers individually and the fines in groups. Or sell it however you like.

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes! I highly recommend it. You will make so much more. :)

I'd sell all the pickers individually and the fines in groups. Or sell it however you like.

I usually sell my stuff to a buyer I have he gives 79% for fines and extra % for pickers, nuggets. Do you put a reserve on your stuff or just let it go? What % of normal price do you think you could get on there? Thanks!

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually sell my stuff to a buyer I have he gives 79% for fines and extra % for pickers, nuggets. Do you put a reserve on your stuff or just let it go? What % of normal price do you think you could get on there? Thanks!

I don't set reserves but you can. Gold sells real well on there. I've had nice pickers sell for 20% above spot. You get two people who want it and the price can skyrocket!

Don't forget to put the state where it came from in your description. The buyers like that. And for the title I'd put gold nugget even if its only a picker. I wouldnt bother with long 10/7 day auctions either. Most of your bids will be at the end anyway. One of your pictures should be of the gold on the scale.

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
N8Longly, search midwestrefinery. They will give you like 95 or 96 spot fines nuggets and all. Ive done it twice. You will have a check within 2 week and thats from you sending it to them and getting your money. Screw 79 percent or the Buy Gold places. Do it and get what you deserve. Just my 2 cents from a prospector from missouri who had to work his ASS of all summer for a quarter ounce!! Pat

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get 150% on ebay....never take less than 88 to 85%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread