PICTURES ADDED"Silver" looking fork, plate and sugar spoon. ID needed please...

Feb 27, 2011
PICTURES ADDED"Silver" looking fork, plate and sugar spoon. ID needed please...

I have three items I need help identifying- can't find any info anywhere on them. First is a "silver" looking fork that reads (on back) "16" space "A.H. SMITH". If you look at it upside down (from the name) it could be a "9" or "19". Second and third have the same mark. A "silver" plate with no markings anywhere except on the engraved topside, which has a "o" mark. The sugar spoon has the same "o" mark on the underside of the spoon part.

Any help identifying these items would be appreciated. Who made them and if they're real silver or just silver plated?

Thanks,
Chuck the AGgie

Attachments

• DSC04346.JPG
    DSC04346.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC04347.JPG
    DSC04347.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC04348.JPG
    DSC04348.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 415

mrdewgood

Feb 9, 2011
Re: PICTURES ADDED"Silver" looking fork, plate and sugar spoon. ID needed please...

If you are just wanting to know what the metal is I think I would do a acid test on it.

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Re: PICTURES ADDED"Silver" looking fork, plate and sugar spoon. ID needed please...

Most likely plated. But the stuff under the plate can have some scrap value.
Good luck.

OP
OP
C
Feb 27, 2011

Chuck the AGgie said:
I have three items I need help identifying- can't find any info anywhere on them. First is a "silver" looking fork that reads (on back) "16" space "A.H. SMITH". If you look at it upside down (from the name) it could be a "9" or "19". Second and third have the same mark. A "silver" plate with no markings anywhere except on the engraved topside, which has a "o" mark. The sugar spoon has the same "o" mark on the underside of the spoon part.

Any help identifying these items would be appreciated. Who made them and if they're real silver or just silver plated?

Thanks,
Chuck the AGgie

Thanks for your help, just have to buy a test kit. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread