House tear down 4-07-06 007.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 350
  • House tear down 4-07-06 008.jpg
    House tear down 4-07-06 008.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

MD

Apr 4, 2005
That green carpet looks like mine, but more brilliant.... ;D Haven't gotten around to remodeling the downstairs yet.
I hear a lot of coins end up under piano keys. You'll have to check that if you haul it home.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tear apart the couchs and chairs change is always in there!!!the the liner under them they get caught etc..

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks guys...I want so bad to thoroughly investigate this piano because most of the sheet music and instruction books I have found there have been from the 40's. I think this woman was an piano teacher. She's probably had that piano her entire life. I can't bring it home with me though. I did lift the lid and peeked in, but nothing obvious there.
Oh well......next time.

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Definate 40's with the upholstery on that maroon chair(which I love by the way) ,pull up carpets,look in furniture,around steps,bottom panel of that piano,........oohhhh how I wish I was there to go with you....Looks like there is alot to hunt around outside as well. How about the attic? If they are tearing itdown anyway, a few loosened floor boards wont hurt anything.....check the registers or vents if it has a heating system...back porch....You go girl!

Smartin

Feb 4, 2006
Kingston, Tennessee
Moon,

Nice pictures.Like Gypsy said, check the floors and in the furniture. You should take somebody with you to help out and watch-out in case you have any problems.

Good luck and be careful,

Smartin

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
wow :o neat house. i would take that piano if i was around :) like the other s said tear that chair and other furn apart. thanks for the pix :)

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
This sounds a bit extreme,but since the piano is not going to be taken out of the house and will eventually be crushed and removed; I would take a sledge hammer and break it apart little by little and look for coins. The bottom part as Gypsy said should come apart then.

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Yeah, the sledge hammer is a bit extreme, but I do think I'll go back one more time. I get nervous in there, it just creeps me out. This house is right on the corner of a very busy intersection, so I worry about the police showing up. I don't want to be caught in there with a sledge hammer busting apart a piano. I will take some smaller tools with me next time and I always take my son with me. Thanks for the advice everyone.

HH,
Moon

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Wow that looks like HEAVEN to me! I wish I could smell that old smell and feel that old feel , maybe use a scratch and sniff jpeg nextime? he he

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting site! I'd check in the furniture where the potatoe chips end up, maybe a few coins in there. After you check it out again, you might consider finding out who the owner is and asking permission. Good luck and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions