Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Pictures of artifacts please

I am starting this thread in the hopes that the members of this forum will flood it with pictures of all the various artifacts they have found and or collected over time. I figured this thread could provide novice hunters and collectors with a vast wealth from which to learn from and compare to.

I thank you all for helping further my education as well as others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fort Ancient biscuit pipe made of pipestone. Ohio. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1570231633.965566.jpg

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Moses. I'm liking, no, loving the Benton. The Lost Lake with Hardin-like notching is beyond heartbreaking!

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Moses. I'm liking, no, loving the Benton. The Lost Lake with Hardin-like notching is beyond heartbreaking!

have the insitu of that lost lake find on the old phone. I pretty much crapped the pants when I first saw it. The missing ear was covered with mud.

I love were I live and the things that come from the land. Some real special types and piece's in there if you use the zoom..
One real wild in the mix is the crazy serrated one. The chert is del Rio, if I got the type right it's a dalton.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Moses, those are some spectacular artifacts! I love seeing points from Tennessee and you have some fine examples. But I have to ask, when will they let our people go?

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moses, those are some spectacular artifacts! I love seeing points from Tennessee and you have some fine examples. But I have to ask, when will they let our people go?

haha. back at you brother. think you are a bit west of me. love seeing your finds. been waiting to see you on some far off bank if our paths decide to cross.

Saguache

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend of mine lives in a small wet valley on the upper Huerfano [orphan] River here in southern Colorado
which has been a campsite used for at least a couple thousand years. Just a small amount of his collection
of camp tools, matates, manos and such.

DSC06810.JPG DSC06814.JPG

Last edited:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine lives in a small wet valley on the upper Huerfano [orphan] Creek here in southern Colorado
which has been a campsite used for at least a couple thousand years. Just a small amount of his collection
of camp tools, matates, manos and such.

View attachment 1759312 View attachment 1759315

Impressive collection, the giant piece in the middle on top of wooden reel is really interesting .... what would that have been used for ? Canoe anchor lol ?

Saguache

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That one is more than likely a natural stone but since found in the camp area must-of been used for something...all guess's acceptable...lol

we took a ten minute walk up behind his house and my pockets were full of possibles... a very magical place.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one is more than likely a natural stone but since found in the camp area must-of been used for something...all guess's acceptable...lol

we took a ten minute walk up behind his house and my pockets were full of possibles... a very magical place.

I would have taken it home too ..... the groove in the middle looks like it was pecked intentionally but I know nature can do some crazy stuff so who knows

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like your friend cornered the ''market so to say'' on metate's and mano's. Is the piece in question sandstone? If it is I would think it was natural. Here in central and eastern Montana sandstone outcropings tend to take on similar shapes by natural weathering.

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20190127_091859_Burst01.jpg
Some of my Florida finds. Mostly Pasco County. The Hernandos were not personal finds. I've never found one that wasn't damaged!

Last edited:

Saguache

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look like your friend cornered the ''market so to say'' on metate's and mano's. Is the piece in question sandstone? If it is I would think it was natural. Here in central and eastern Montana sandstone outcropings tend to take on similar shapes by natural weathering.

yes it's sandstone/volcanic ash stone. I've seen smaller ones [like the one at the bottom of the big one] but none that big and that heavy, same shape. pics may be only a 4th of what he's gathered up over the years.
it's interesting that the aluvial material is so abundent for the needed uses in the camp enviorment...he's still finding stuff on the surface, all of it worked...

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
yes it's sandstone/volcanic ash stone. I've seen smaller ones but none that big and that heavy, same shape. pics may be only a 4th of what he's gathered up over the years.
it's interesting that the aluvial material is so abundent for the needed uses in the camp enviorment...he's still finding stuff on the surface, all of it worked...

It would be interesting to see the small stuff he has found!!

Saguache

Jan 12, 2019
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you expand the picture of the lg hour glass stone you'll see a small one like it at the base, next to it are two fantastic game stones. The stacked flaked stones tapering down in size are about the size of the common smaller atifacts. There is a large amount of quartz stones in the area, and there are a lot of knives & scrapers made from it. Most of the arrowheads he's found have been at other sites in the nearby hills where the hunting was and other folks around those areas have some nice arrowhead collections. Most points are crudely made not highly flaked and there's not a lot of higrade lithics to be found. But then he hasn't done any digging yet either...

Here's a nice 2" basalt flake knife I found above his place
DSC06816.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread