Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a wedding band set in the console of a crashed Mercedes at the local "pic-a-part" marked as S925 , don't know if the diamonds are real. I'd love to post some photos but the wife ran off with them to show them off to her cousin. That's my find for tody, I'll post some pix later tonight. Would real diamonds be even in a silver ring ???

Upvote 10
Most people will say nope. But I know for a fact that there have been diamonds mounted in sterling so take it to a good jeweler.

Some people prefer silver to gold yes diamonds can and have been in silver rings!!!!!!

Bruce, congrats! Looking forward to the photos. ~Lisa & John

My wife breaks out to gold and can only wear silver, so yes it is definitely possible.

That is some beautiful silver work, very pretty! I would be excited with those rings, congrats!

Beautiful ring set. Congrats!

I hunt a local fresh water swimming lake and I find lots of sterling silver with small stones that turn out to be real diamonds. I've noticed in my area white gold became a favorite over yellow gold and then as the price of gold increased people started purchasing more sterling silver since it is less expensive than gold. So where I didn't used to see small diamonds mounted in silver, I began seeing it quiet often. I haven't seen any large diamonds mounted in sterling silver in my area but plenty of small diamonds in the less than five point range.

I often find myself looking through a lot of cars at the pic a part. I've only found junk jewlery so far. Nice job and good find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back