Pieced this vase together from a trash pit - age?

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive spent most of my day redigging a trash pit as I remembered their being alot of one piece of pottery in their and wanted to piece it back together (that was the plan anyways)

Was able to get a good section of it back together, havent finished redigging the hole yet but its mostly redug. I will also sift through the dirt filling it back in. Their is a guy looking left on the vase and hes holding up a tree (weird stuff) so im wondering how old this is or does it have some cool symbolic meaning. the newest thing found in the trash pit is parts of a I believe 1920s bottle and the oldest being the top of a bottle from the 1860s. But the vase could of already been old when it was thrown away so i have no idea on age. It appears to be liquid glazed (the glaze where they dip it in liquid or paint it on)

Any info would be appreciated. I love piecing stuff back together like this. And i dont think its a chamber pot as its sort of to tall and to small.

IMG_3526.jpg IMG_3528.jpg IMG_3529.jpg IMG_3530.jpg

Upvote 8

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess everyone has their own definition of treasure.
I could put you on some dumps that would probably make you want to buy the property.
But I have to admit, it looks like it was a cool piece.
Sorry I can't help you on it's age, keep up the good work.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps a pitcher? Looks period to the site you described. Nice reconstruction.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps a pitcher? Looks period to the site you described. Nice reconstruction.

Yea after piecing together more of it, it looks more like a pitcher. So do you guess its on the older age of the trash pit (1860s-1880s) or the newer side (1900-1920s)

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are not using a sifter, you will be missing lots of pieces. It is hard enough to get them all even with sifting. There is always those one or two pieces that seem to just......vanish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread