Pieces of Old Santa Fe RR China

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hiking out on the old Santa Fe RR yesterday. This is the LA to Chicago route, of the Southwest Chief. There is an old section that snakes along the new tracks. The old bed is still visable, no tracks and not many ties. Plenty of spikes and iron plates. Thought the china was interesting. Found these pieces of the California poppy style china. I looked the china up but could not find the time period. But the dates on the pieces say from 1922 to 1930. I could not find the other style, maybe thrown from a private car. It was common practice to throw broken China from the train as it was traveling. Don't think they still do it... Also found the date nails. Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• 100_0352.jpg
    100_0352.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 100_0358.jpg
    100_0358.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nails! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing i live rr stuff fascinates me send me a piece lol great post i would be all iver that spot good job great display items thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread