Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
With the tides the way they are this week, I'm doing my best to get out and plunder as much as I can possibly handle. I still have to work, but I try to make time to conquer the seas when I get a chance.

Tonight the low tide was at 11:49pm. I got an early start around 10:45 ish and called it quits around 1am.

The hunting was hard at first, having netted only a few hundred yen in the first hour. Things were looking bleak... Rocks everywhere, hiding and protecting the booty from my sunspot scoop. But it was I who had the last laugh... ripping a nice silver necklace from Neptunes realm.

All in all, it was an above average night once again. Here's the booty for this evening

2,489 yen ---- $33
junker pendant
silver ring
silver necklace with pendant

And I'll be out to plunder the seas again tomorrow night. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

Zanpa003-6.jpg

Zanpa005-6.jpg

Zanpa006-4.jpg

Zanpa007-3.jpg

Upvote 0

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pile of silver for the kitty

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
KEYSHUNTER said:
yen..33 bucks what are the value on those bigger coins. nice haul,enjoy your posts :notworthy: HH

The largest coin that the Japanese currently make is a 500 yen ($6.66 US). I found 2 last night (top left corner of the first picture)... sometimes I get lucky and find 5-6. The current exchange rate is 75:1 so that helps bring in the cash.

I heard talk about the Japanese thinking about minting a 1,000 yen coin.... I don't know what happened to that, but the thoughts of it made my mouth drool.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice clad (yen) count Bobbypins.......
It adds up and will help pay the bills.
Nice ring and chain too. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions