Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know alot of folks like the Garrett Pro Pointer ,I have watched a few vids on the Detectorpro Pistol Probe,an outa the top couple of pointers the Detectorpro Pistol Probe seems to get the most depth,I'm looking for feed back from users.

I like the fact it gets good depth but am kinda leary of something a local cop or somebody reporting it might mistake as a gun in a holster while I'm out in the parks at night.just my 2 cents.

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Why are you looking for depth?
You got a detector that will give you that ;D
When you start pokin' with your pointer, you want to know that you are
close to the target when it sounds off.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont'n carry my pro pointer in the holster much, it's in one hand along with my coin probe and the detector is in the otherhand .The pro pointer has cut my recovery time by 80%.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the pin pointers so looking an learning as I go an just throwing a question or to out when I get em .

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Hey Tank,

I just got a pointer this morning. Saw a couple folks post about a 15.00 one at harbor freight and sure enough they had a couple. It'll be my first experience with one, but I can sure see that it will save a lot of time.
Heck, it's cheap, but I spent good bucks on a detector that will do 95% of the work, the pointer is just a time saver and shouldn't need to cost 1-2 hundred bucks.
jmho

BW

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: thanks BW

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
bravowhiskey said:
Hey Tank,

I just got a pointer this morning. Saw a couple folks post about a 15.00 one at harbor freight and sure enough they had a couple. It'll be my first experience with one, but I can sure see that it will save a lot of time.
Heck, it's cheap, but I spent good bucks on a detector that will do 95% of the work, the pointer is just a time saver and shouldn't need to cost 1-2 hundred bucks.
jmho

BW

I just got the Harbor Freight one (my first pin pointer) last weekend and I've noticed that my "find" time has gone down quite a bit; and hey, it costs $15.00. For the cost of a name brand top of the line pin pointer, I can get 10 - 15 of these and not cry when it breaks, I loose it or it walks away.

Michael

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: I hear ya Michael I broke down an did the same thing with the same idea behind it

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
Nothing wrong with the centech pinpointer for the money, but everyone who tries to justify it vs. the Garrett Propointer because it's cheaper has obviously not used the Propointer. It's that much better and worth every penny if you can afford it. I've used a friend's Pistol Probe too and it's deeper but more temperamental and awkward to use and it just doesn't work as well even though it costs a good bit more.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank,
I bought the P.Probe off EBay in 2008 used it twice and resold it. The thing is oblong, and bulky and you can hardly hear it even with the volume cranked to the the max. After I resold it I bought a centech from H.F. 10X's better than the P.P.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone I picked up a pin pointer from Harbor Freight an it will work just find until I havethe money to spare for a Pro Pointer :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the DetectorPro Uniprobe and I love it, and the depth it gets. I have owned and used the Automax Precision V4 Pinpointer ( sees way less then an inch, a piece of junk), and I still own the Vibraprobe 560, which is waterproof (gets maybe an inch in depth) I will take the DetectorPro any day over the others.

I want the depth the DetectorPro gives to locate and isolate the target, I do not dig large holes to recover most land targets. When my detector finds a target I use the uniprobe to find the exact location X'ing it, which it does very quickly, even up to 6 inches deep. Once I locate the exact location of the target, I use a probe to check for the depth, then I dig a small 1.5 inch hole using my EZ-Dig-R to recover the target. The DetectorPro with the extreme depth beats all pinpointers I have used and worth every penny.

I have found gold using it where I could not swing a coil due to tight quarters and lots of metal near, like under metal bleachers, and playgrounds with lots of metal poles holding up the equipment. I just slide the uniprobe across the surface till it goes off and dig to recover the target. I have found a nice large 14K NYC Police charm off a necklace, a 14K gold ring, and several silver rings all 2 to 4+ inches below the surface using this method with no detector used at all. The other pin-pointers would not have even seen the targets with the tiny depth they get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread