Pin pointers

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
I've done alot of research and it seems the garret pro pointer is most people's tool of choice.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with EODsweeper, the Garrett Pro Pointer is the people's choice. I use it. I love it. I would pay $127 again for it. If I lost it I'd buy another. Use that fancy search bar that is to the right of the Treasurenet logo at the top of the page and type in pinpointer and click GO. It's been discussed many times before in other threads.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes sir...this is an ongoing topic that comes up about once a week on here...there are other threads on this topic.

Garrett Propointer...yes its 127.99, but its well worth it.

Buy it and if you don't like it....you can always sell it on ebay or on T-net....you won't have to worry about NOT selling it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cen-teck and it will put that garret pointer to shame for a fraction of the price...

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
Curious have you ever used the garrett pp before? I've used the centech and was not impressed at all. Is it better than nothing? Sure but that's not saying much.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had them all, from the Chen tech, the detector pro, the fisher, the Sunray ... I have to say that the Garrett is the best. Period

Maathai Wangari

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using only one Pin Pointer which is the Garrett Pro-Pointer. This is famous tool among people. I mostly prefer it and when lost, i again buy it again with $128. I spend good time with this tool and happy to use it!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'm using only one Pin Pointer which is the Garrett Pro-Pointer. This is famous tool among people. I mostly prefer it and when lost, i again buy it again with $128. I spend good time with this tool and happy to use it!

Just think, for $18 you could have gotten a Harbor Freight Pinpointer that would pick up the target at the same distance plus it has a sensitivity adjustment. You don't have to tape a coin to it. Frank 111-2 700.jpg

Dtektor

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero w/ 9x8 & 5.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as well throw in my $.02! I am a Garrett Pro-Pointer user. The kinds of conditions I will commonly dig in (as in just yesterday) will obliterate the $16 CenTech unit. There is no need to adjust the sensitivity of any pin pointing device since you are using it to do one job, find the target in the hole! You CAN adjust the sensitivity of the Pro-Pointer by cycling it off then on again when the signal is almost continuous. This makes the unit only sound off within about one quarter of an inch from target item. I commonly stick the Pro-Pointer into very, very wet soil (I'm talking visible ground moisture here where I have to scrape the muddy soil from the digging tools after each hole) and I don't worry about it doing it's job. Yeah, OK, you can buy about 8 CenTechs for the price of 1 Pro-Pointer, but when you live 50 miles from the nearest Harbor Freight store at $3.53 gallon/gas or higher, I would argue the apparent economy of that product is false. IMHO.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
I would agree except for the fact that I've bought three already ( 2 used and 1 new ) for about $90 each and have had two fail in the field , and expensive $180 lesson indeed and I sold the new one and until they improve their Quality Control and offer a better warranty I won't buy another . To me the SunRay is the best although connected it stays with the unit . Treasure Mate's lifetime coverage is what Garrett should offer and IMHO is more useful because it can be a dual purpose pointer, a tad large but not a large as the Detector Pro . It would show that they build a higher quality pointer and are proud of what they sell and I think would increase their sales and wouldn't effect the profit margins much . IMHO,
Woodstock

I have had them all, from the Chen tech, the detector pro, the fisher, the Sunray ... I have to say that the Garrett is the best. Period

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
What type of conditions do you detect in ? HH, Woodstock
Just as well throw in my $.02! I am a Garrett Pro-Pointer user. The kinds of conditions I will commonly dig in (as in just yesterday) will obliterate the $16 CenTech unit. There is no need to adjust the sensitivity of any pin pointing device since you are using it to do one job, find the target in the hole! You CAN adjust the sensitivity of the Pro-Pointer by cycling it off then on again when the signal is almost continuous. This makes the unit only sound off within about one quarter of an inch from target item. I commonly stick the Pro-Pointer into very, very wet soil (I'm talking visible ground moisture here where I have to scrape the muddy soil from the digging tools after each hole) and I don't worry about it doing it's job. Yeah, OK, you can buy about 8 CenTechs for the price of 1 Pro-Pointer, but when you live 50 miles from the nearest Harbor Freight store at $3.53 gallon/gas or higher, I would argue the apparent economy of that product is false. IMHO.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm different as I use two. When I ordered my detectorpro pistol probe they sent a propointer by mistake.. I compared it's detection to the cheap Ft pinpointer and there wasn't that much of a difference.. (my ft is slighly modifided and tuned..) Sent the garret back and recieved the pistolprobe.. Way more detetection depth and when I'm finished there is nothing left in the hole!! I use the pistolprobe first to get the general location then the FT to find the object.. I borrowed another garret and you would not believe whay garret leaves behind that the pistolprobe finds.. I haved used the Ft for years and the best part on shallow target you just push it into the moist soil without digging.. Propointer is good but as far as detecting distance nowhere close to the pulse induction pistolprobe..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread