Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have FINALLY DONE IT.. yes, thats it...me, lil ole Bootybay... HAS SOLE PERMISSION TO HUNT THE OLDEST HOUSE IN MY TOWN... NAWWWWWWWWWWW I AM NOT EXCITED....I JUST CAME FROM THERE...I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT.... Lemme tell you how this came to be... I have called twice to find out if I could hunt there....no call back.... today am way back in the woods there, said, OMG someones here...I run like a bat outta hell, thru thorns, thickettes...you name it... thinking omg I am dead meat..... I never knew I could run that fast with detector in hand..well... I catch my breath, go up to the man whose using a tractor thingy to cut all the overgrown weeds, ya know at this point am thinking...hummm clearing the way and making it easier for me...well...I approached him, said, pardon me..are you the owner of this beautiful place..he says naww, just the caretaker..I said well who owns it..as I have called twice and havent heard back..he tells me the mans name to call...I run, jump in my truck, whip out the cell phone, call..and who do I get ...the OWNER..so I nicely say, Fred ( not real name ok) l have been trying to get in touch with you, since your the owner of this beautiful historic property..I then tell him my name.. and that I am a professional ( ok lil white lie) metal detectorist..and would love to hunt his property and will treat it with the utmost respect and remove all trash that I find and as far as holes go, you wont even know I dug em... he says to me...rae's your name, I KNOW YOU... I said you do.... he says, you work at ace... I said umm well as of july I did...he says, well, I havent been in there a long time...anyways...he says how nice I was to him at ace and that I could hunt there any time I want..except early in the morning and at dusk...as hes given hunters ( that would be just my luck) to hunt deer there...I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEM... I told him I am just so thrilled to be able to do this.... he says well, I dont think your gonna find much, as where all the tall trees are now...30 yrs ago, it was all farm land... so here I am officially the ONLY one GIVEN PERMISSION TO HUNT IT... I AM SO HONORED..SO THRILLED..AND SO DAM EXCITED ITS NOT FUNNY... AND IN THE SHORT TIME THERE I FOUND THE NEATEST OLD WHITE DOOR KNOB WITH THE OLD OLD LOCKING MECHANISM WITH IT.. I will post pictures in a bit...as right now I am literally on cloud nine.... what a awesome break for me...and I wanted to share it all with you guys...

Booty whose on cloud nine

L

LandStar

Way to go Booty!!!...Gives me ideas on looking for like places in my area...Just goes to show you what you can accomplish when your eyes are open to possibilities...

Good Hunting,

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
You know you could show a little enthusiasm... ;D

It's sounds great..good luck with the site.

(See it turned out to be a good day after all.. :))

DD

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Looking forward to seeing your finds.

bootybay said:
except early in the morning and at dusk...as hes given hunters ( that would be just my luck) to hunt deer there.

Regardless of the time of day, WEAR HUNTER ORANGE!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
awesome good luck.get friendly but not pesty and take your time.patience is a virtue rings true.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Good going Booty. I've had my fingers crossed for you ever since you made that post about trying to get permission the first time. Looking forward to seeing your finds! HH Girl

Desertfox

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
You never know when an act of kindness is remembered, and could benefit you! I agree, wear ORANGE!! "Those headphones looked like antlers, I swear!"

Congrats on the exclusive!

P.S. Nobody ever thinks anything will be found. If they thought something was there, they would go find it themselves!! :D

HH
vegasmtl

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on obtaining permission to hunt such a great sounding site...
Good luck with it, look forward to seeing what you find...
From the sound of the place, if you by chance have a pacemaker, be sure to check the batteries before hunting... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> I saw the doorknob post yesterday,,, great find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions