pinpointer question

M

mattjd

White's Bullseye is a great pinpointer. I like it cause it works good and it's nice and small too.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my first day using the White's Bullseye II pinpointer. It works very well and is highly recommended. It has a built-in flashlight and can be set to "beep" or vibrate when it detects. Adjustable sensitivity, too.

Good hunting,
desmobob

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I have 2 bullseye first models. 1 with push button, and one that the factory retrofitted with a toggle. Dont like the toggle, cuz it always turns its self on in the bag, car, etc., so I prefer the push button. The pinpointer itself is great. Some people complain that some pointers only go 1" deep. If it goes much deeper, it defeats the purpose. When it beeps, you know you are darn close. Period. The bullseye 2 looks nice. Mine have always seemed kind of large in the main body.

A

another _novice

I just got a vibraprobe 560 and I've used it twice. It's saved me a lot of time.

I didn't get the whites because I read contradictory things about the new pointer and the old. People don't like the switch on the new one. But some people say the old one would give out a lot of false signals. I thought about all of this, thought about how clumsy I am, saw that the Vbraprobe was waterproof, and got that.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Didn't think much of them but the Bullseye II came with the detector. It's great. Hope I never have to detect without it.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a dumb question............Do you use this type pinpointer to find the target in your plug that you have unearthed ? If so, I could use one with my old Fisher 1212 ........I dig Alot with it and find some pretty small and deep targets that take a long time to find while sifting threw the plug.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have this model http://www.mytoolstore.com/wizard/wizindex.html and for under $50, it can't be beat.
Adjustable sensitivity,tone/vibrate/visual alert and a little LED light which actually comes in handy when detecting towards sundown.
Its effective range is about 2 inches at max sensitivity, and you have to be almost touching the object at the low end.
Of course, if the object is a half inch plate of steel, the range would be greater, but for coins its just about right.
Used in conjunction with your detectors pinpointing, these gizmos can and do save alot of time.
One thing to remember whichever model you get - Their long PVC necks are prone to snapping, so don't probe aggressively with them.
I snapped mine twice, but was able to patch it back together good as new.

OP
OP
pepperpump

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Well, I just ended buying a Bullseye 2 this weekend and love it!!!Thanks for the replies and good luck hunting everyone!!!
Pepperpump ;)

JW

Apr 8, 2005
No. California
Detector(s) used
ML ExII, GPX4000
Try a Sunray X-1 probe on an ExplorerII and you'll never pinpiont be the same, discriminating pinpionter!!!! great for the deep deep silver that is barley audible, pull an 8" plug and probe the hole, you'll know its silver!!!

I also have a Bullseye2 and it works great for not so deep stuff, the BE2 is a great improvement over the first model, the X-1 redefines pinpointing and metal detecting overall...check it out!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread