pinpointers: pro pointer vs pocket probe?

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned several other probes, I also owned the pocket probe, sold it and bought the uniprobe, no other probe can touch them in their performance... Pocket or uni are identical except uniprobe comes with headphones that you can also plug your detector into.......I highly recommend the DetectorPro pocket and uniprobe..........

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rob, You use an XLT! Why are you having so much trouble finding the targets? The XLT pinpoints dead center on the coil. As far as the hand held pinpointers, You can buy a $16 Harbor Freight or a $160 pro pointer and they will both pick up that dime at 1". They are pinpointers, not detectors. They would drive you nuts if they picked up at several inches.
As far as your XLT, Just squeeze the trigger and move the coil around over the target. When you get the LOWEST NUMBER on the dept reading, your coil is dead center over the target. Just stick your probe in the center of the coil and you can touch the target! Try it, your like it! frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 583

Boog

Apr 30, 2007
E. Central Indiana
:blackbeard:)I think Iv'e had bout all the different pinpointers/probes made, but finally settled on a Garrett, I like it a little better,, the pocket probe is good too but i just didn't care for any extra wires, minelab also makes a pinpointer very near the Garrett type,, all of these are rugged and last years, but are expensive, actually it's ALMOST, you get what you pay for, (ALMOST I SAY):blackbeard:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn mine detects up to 6 inches by adjusting sensentivity. Never had an issue with it with interference from other targets close by. It can also be used to detect areas you can't with your detector like under metal bleachers, benches, metal playground equipment etc. I have found 2 pieces of gold with mine this way alone that worth enough in melt value to buy mine new 1.5 times so far..

Last edited:

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like a show hands...on how many started out with the harbor frieght then switched to Garrett propointer after the Hf broke I actually owned and broke 2 harbor frieghts ....They both are now in pinpointer heaven...I have had my propointer now for 16 months & working well....& by the way you wont pay more than 127 for a Garrett pro pointer...... if you did then you didnt buy it right!

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Hey all thanks for the replies. The interference in talking about is between the pinpointer and your metal detector. im still on the fence. i have a gold detector and a coin machine. im sure the detector pro would be better for gold nuggets but my uncle uses one for coins and is constantly have to move his detector away when he digs targets. So for coins im thinking the pocket probe would be better. Im slower to get targets with my old pinpointer. And my xlt has troubles with red iron ground, whites replaced the coil, was better but didnt cure the problem. So sometimes i have to revert to my goldmaster 4b. I can get the detector pro for 150 but no idea on the propointer

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all thanks for the replies. The interference in talking about is between the pinpointer and your metal detector. im still on the fence. i have a gold detector and a coin machine. im sure the detector pro would be better for gold nuggets but my uncle uses one for coins and is constantly have to move his detector away when he digs targets. So for coins im thinking the pocket probe would be better. Im slower to get targets with my old pinpointer. And my xlt has troubles with red iron ground, whites replaced the coil, was better but didnt cure the problem. So sometimes i have to revert to my goldmaster 4b. I can get the detector pro for 150 but no idea on the propointer

127 off most dealers on this site! Just drop them an Email Im sure they will quote you less than that!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine (propointer )for 114 bucks free shipping

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so do the math 16 each as they say times10 months...Thats 160 & still a broken piece of **** ....good luck with your harbor JUNK!....End thread!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread