got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I looked at them all and the Pro Pointer was the one I got. Very EZ to get on and off. And it has a nice light for that night hunt. And you get a nice case to put it on your belt to.
It has made my hunting for my target much faster. I now spend more time finding more targets then just going over and over the hole with my MD.

DSC03509.JPG DSC03505.JPG DSC03513.JPG
Got to get you one HH

Last edited:

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the States this summer. Bought the Garretts pinpointer. Used to make fun of those who used them. (They weren't "hardcore" enough for me.)
Now, wouldn't be without it. Speeds up the finds. And I was good at using the head of my detector, and waving the soil under the head. But, the pinpointer beats my old way. And, it will decrease the accidents where you damage the deep finds.
Can't really answer your initial question, though. I know that Minelab puts out a top quality line of detectors. But, have no experience with their pinpointers.
Let me/us know if you find out that there are better features on the Minelab than the Garretts.

OP
OP
whiteriver23

whiteriver23

Mar 3, 2010
Bull Shoals, AR
Detector(s) used
MXT - BHID 300
From what I can determine, the Minelab has a couple more bells/whistles but,
I can't see that it's worth the extra money. I may just join the crowd and
spring for the Garrett.
JP

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garretts are great pinpointers ...unless you throw them into trees!

donroar

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2012
Torrington CT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Garrett ProPointer. Lots less digging once you pinpoint your target. Makes finding an old dirt colored coin so much easier. I like it so much that I bought two, Got a BOGO deal from Kelly Co detectors that I couldn't pass up. They are well worth the price. You will NOT regret havving a Garrett pinpointer on your belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread