Pioneer 202

torpedochief

Greenie
Jun 6, 2011
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett AT Pro
Hello fellow Treasure Hunters,

I am back into the hobby after a few years off (Iraq and Afghanistan.) A few years back i was using a GTI 2500, however it seems to have gone awol! :-[

My son found a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202. Anyone have any experience with this little machine? Not had the chance to take it out yet.

Thanks

Don

rennie

Aug 26, 2007
New Braunfels, Tx
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
:hello: hey fellow I have one and have found some clad and one or two silver. It is a good machine, you just have to learn how to use it. :wav:

schlepprock

Jun 28, 2007
West Central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2000, White's Prism 6T and Coin Getter, Tesoro De'leon and a BH Quick Draw II
I have both detectors except my BH is called a Quick Draw 2, it's identical to the Pioneer 202 though. The way I understand it, the Pioneers were sold to Walmart and other retails stores while the QD and other BH's to hobby stores.

The GTI 2500 obviously works much better than the BH, and in all honesty I found that the QD/202 doesn't go deeper than around three inches with coins. I still have it though and it works good at homecoming/carnival sites were coins are shallow or on the surface. mine's almost paid itself off this way, unfortunately I have to announce that in the six years I've had it, I've never found any silver with it, not even once. But as I said, it's not totally worthless and it's just what you should expect for only a couple hundred dollars.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using a 202 for several years now & have to say that I love it! It will punch down 6" in dry ground and 8" in wet, it takes a bit of practice to be able to pinpoint with it, but I do it, so anybody can learn how. I've been actively metal detecting 47 years, and have searched with a host of machines. The 202 is right where I want to be with machine cost vs. available technology, and I bought a used one to save on my initial cost. Give it an honost try and I think you will be pleasantly surprised! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread