pioneer 505 with the 4" coil goodstuff!

toddsant

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2009
pioneer 505 with the 4" coil goodstuff!

I have been detecting for almost 2 years,I started with a tracker 4 and now have the 505 and a whites eagle spectrum.
I love the 505 for its simplicity,and it loves silver.
I highly recommend the 4" coil as you still get decent depth and it is a must in trashy areas.I have found my best coins and 3 of my 4 rings with the 505.
The whites I am still learning and it does go deep,but after an hour of hunting my arm feels like it's gonna fall off,not so with the 505,it is as good if not better when relic hunting as it loves the deep iron.
I hunted some private land that is part of the Battle of Franklin battlefield on Saturday,the 505 got me a sweet bullet( think its a sharps),a pair of rivets and a era buckle. everything was in the 4-6 inch range in heavy clay soil.This detector is well worth the money and perfect for the beginner,or a detectorist who needs something extremely lightweight.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Re: pioneer 505 with the 4" coil goodstuff!

Glad to hear you made some great finds! Bounty Hunter's are way underrated - I had a QuickDraw II that I loved and I almost exclusively used the 4 inch coil on it. That is one of the best buys in detecting (the coil). :thumbsup:

BlueDuck

Jun 26, 2009
Hayden, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Bounty Hunter

Im new and just learning. Whats the pros and cons of a 4" coil vs a 8" coil?

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II

my wife does well with her 505 was thinking of getting the 10.25in magnum coil for her anybody have any experience with the bigger coils?

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II

neither one of us can find silver she uses the stock coil should we go to the magnum or small4 in?she finds clad quarters all day and penneis but no silver she wants to know the best coil for silver in an open field thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread