pioneer ex

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
A buddy of mine just got one. I tried it out in his living room and it works great. It picked up the nails in the floor, I adjusted it to reject iron and threw a penny on the floor and it picked it up rigt away, It works great. I was considering buying myself one until I realized there is no headphone jack, not that it would be too difficult to wire one in.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen some on Ebay for $35.00 to $75.00 .. i would go with something a little better even the lowest price Teknetics would be better than the Ex a lot better...

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I got to see the EX in action today. In about 20 minutes it located a bunch of trash and a Hotweels Car made in 1980 it was a 37 Bugati in almost perfect condition burried about 8 inches down.

Feb 27, 2010
I bought the Pioneer ex online from Dick's Sporting Goods as I received alot of gift cards for Christmas. It arrived in about a week and a half and came with a carrying case and snooper.

It works really great. I have only had the chance to use it a few times due to the crappy winter in KY this year. I have found several interesting old coins and brass fence decorations so far.

In summary, the Pioneer ex is a good first timer and a headphone jack is elementary to put in. You probably have the parts to do it yourself in an old radio or something. :icon_thumleft:

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If a person is looking at getting the Pioneer EX, they might want to consider getting the Bounty Hunter Quick Silver instead. It appears to be the exact same machine but it has a headphone jack along with the 8" coil instead of the 7" coil. Just a thought.

Doug

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the ex has a sealed case, how do you put a headphone jack in

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
I have the bounty hunter pioneer ex was very pleased with it works great I up graded to bounty hunter platinum it is a fine machine still learning it happy huntin thanks for reading

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up with. Tracker IV and now a coin master thanks for the posts its funny about the coupon my buddy saw me using mine went there for somethin then called me to tell me he bought one lol

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keppy is an idiot, giving advice against something he has never used, all bounty hunters beat all garretts,(price wise) i predict first texas products will put garrett out of business within 2 years

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread