Pipe and cable locator

OldBillinUT

Feb 7, 2004
My Wife brought something home that she found at a local second hand store. I found that it is a receiver for a pipe and cable locator system. The company web site shows that a transmitter is used in conjunction with the receiver. A signal is induced into the pipe or cable the transmitter is connected to and the receiver picks up the signal to indicate the location of the buried pipe. Just wondering if anyone has used anything like this in treasure hunting ? I was going to build a signal generator to produce the frequency the unit was designed for but all I can see this thing is useful for is just what it was designed to do and blue stakes can do that for me. Anyone looking for a receiver ?

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
If the tracer is a black box it may be missing the tracer loop that attaches to the receiver, I use this type of tracing device.

Please give us some more info on the tracer, Name on the box etc.?

HH, Paul (Ca)

OP
OP
OldBillinUT

OldBillinUT

Feb 7, 2004
I found it again in my very full shed O stuff. It's a Goldak / Udsec model 5600. Sorry for the delay.

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks Bill for the reply,

You have an expensive piece of equiment there, They don't run cheap.

I use the TF-900 tracer which can also be used for treasure hunting, I once bought off some invertory from a guy who retired from Goldak.

Thank again,
Paul (Ca)

Mojave

Nov 19, 2006
Louisville Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III, Whites GMT, Bounty Hunters, Raytek & Aqua Survey
If that's still available, I might be interested......Sent you an email :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread