Pipeline Probe Uncovers Shipwrecks Baltic Sea

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Very cool, i know 2 guys that pilot these remote control submarines, inspecting piplines in the gulf of Mexico.
Love to wonder around a bit with those things

OP
OP
itmaiden

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Oh, I would love an undersea view ! Only to own a good submersible !

Next Christmas, I'll let you all water salvors buy me one :)

Sheila

TEXAN Connection said:
Very cool, i know 2 guys that pilot these remote control submarines, inspecting piplines in the gulf of Mexico.
Love to wonder around a bit with those things

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
The Baltic Sea is full of shipwrecks of all ages. In Roskilde/ Denmark there is a museum that has an impressive collection of viking ships salvaged and conserved over the years. Next to the museum there is a shipyard where groups of interested people can learn to build and- once finished- sail 1:1 replicas of viking ships using the same materials and tools as their forefathers did 1000 years ago.

http://vikingeskibsmuseet.dk/index.php?id=1246&L=1

In many cities along the coast of the Baltic Sea there are clubs or associations dedicated to rebuilding medieval ships copying the originals which were salvaged or excavated by the archies. These ships are open to be visited and chartered for sailing turns and meet once a year during a summer festival in one of the Baltic harbors. Somewhere I got photos but can't find them now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread