Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Montana Geothermal Sites: Pipestone
SUMMARY INFORMATION:
W 112.2307
Nearest town: 8 miles W of Whitehall
County: JEFFERSO

The Pipestone Hot Springs was a popular resort site around the beginning of the 20th century. Unfortunately, the springs and buildings are closed and abandoned today. Only a few decrepit structures remain near the flowing springs. You can see the abandoned building from the road... Always obtain permission before hnting.....

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
hot springs.JPG

wildman-1374

Jan 31, 2009
THIS IS ANOTHER PLACE TO NOT GO TO IN MONTANA. THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO METAL DETECTED THIS PLACE. I KNOW I'VE TRIED. PLUS I KNOW GUYS WHO GOT CAUGHT TRESPASSING HERE AND THEY WERE NOT HAPPY PEOPLE. LOOK SOME PLACE ELSE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS ONE, MEL, AKA WILDMAN.

P

pippinwhitepaws

lol, i am in arizona and i know not to mess around up in pipe stone country...bad medicine...big tall sioux...

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wildman-1374 said:
THIS IS ANOTHER PLACE TO NOT GO TO IN MONTANA. THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO METAL DETECTED THIS PLACE. I KNOW I'VE TRIED. PLUS I KNOW GUYS WHO GOT CAUGHT TRESPASSING HERE AND THEY WERE NOT HAPPY PEOPLE. LOOK SOME PLACE ELSE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS ONE, MEL, AKA WILDMAN.
Sorry about you not recieving permission. My sister is a friend of the owners and you are correct...they dont give permission easily. Guess you just have to know the right people.

jimm1909

Jun 11, 2010
Gypsy Heart said:
wildman-1374 said:
San Diego Beach Hotel
Sorry about you not recieving permission. My sister is a friend of the owners and you are correct...they dont give permission easily. Guess you just have to know the right people.

I have just recently received permission to go metal detect this area. Any tips on what I should look for or where I should start? Anything in general that you think would be useful I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

-Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread