piqua ohio

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in beans/corn now, but all you guys are welcome as soon as the combine goes through. That's what I'm waiting for.

I'll put a note up as soon as that happens, and whoever sees it can go.

Ken

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Hey guys, hows it going? I havent posted on this thread since last year and its still going. lol Its also pretty sad that I didnt get to have one day of MDing so far this year. Kas it would be quite interesting if I could join you on your next adventure out to these sites. I am a huge history buff and realize the importance that this area held in the settling of the Northwest Territory. Just imagine, Simon Kenton, Tecumseh, Blue Jacket, Daniel Boone and many others have traveled through this area, maybe even your backyard. Ohio Bill was exactly right when suggesting Allan Eckert's books to read. Another excellent book of his is The Frontiersman. This book gives aproximate locations for white settlements, forts, and Native American towns. Well, thats all I have to say for now. Happy hunting and Ill try to contact you Kas. By the way, if anyone knows how to obtain old maps of Ohio, be it road maps, copies of originals, or from the internet, please let me know. Thanks

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
bedpanmoneyman said:
Ohionewbie,

Here are several sites for maps you can access:

www.sanborn.umi.com (when you click on browse it will require a username and password, just enter resident as the username and welcome as the password)

Another site is www.historical.maptech.com - this map site includes locations of old schools

BPMM
Tried the username and password did not work. Got any other ideas? ???

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Hey, hows it goin everone? Just wondering if anyone has heard from Kas yet. My computer was in the shop for a week so I hope I havent missed anything.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field still in beans.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are taking the field down as of Friday. So..... We can go a few at a time. Let me know.

Ken

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
i would love to go sometime if there is a chance but now since it seems like everyone wants to go on this hunt i would understand if there isnt room.

Mike

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Truly Mike I dont have anything to do with deciding who goes but I dont think there are alot of people still paying attention to this post. I think we have a pretty good shot. If there is any planning to be done it needs to be soon. It's suppossed to be getting pretty cold tonight and thats never a good sign for detectorists. My nephews bday party is this Saturday from 1 to 3 so I can go before, after, or go all day and take a break to go to his party if this weekend we are to do it. Im also open on Sunday all day as well. Well I say we get a move on this thing because my detector is burning a hole in its case just dying to get out. Whaddya say Mike, let's put some pressure on Kas ;). lol Well hope to hear something soon.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohionewbie and Mike You guys are welcome to come. I'll let you know what time on Sunday, where to meet, as soon As I get it nailed down. weather permitting.

I'm not making any promises on finds, just that this field butts up against Johnston farm, and was part of Johnston's plain. Of course Fort Pickawillany is within earshot, too.

Ken

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are meeting at Bob Evans at st. Rt. 36 at the Miami valley centre mall at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

PM me for my phone number if you need help with directions.

Ken

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Sounds great Kas, can't wait. I should be able to find it just fine. Might wanna give me your phone # just in case. You can e-mail me at [email protected] I hope Mike gets this in time. I'll do as much research as I can before we go. Would you happen to know the exact location of it, say on google earth or mapquest?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions