Pirat ships 3

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
A couple have responded but many have looked, so here is what i have found, The Houston audobon society says the wreck has been located and staked by the Texas Historic commission, " a couple years ago" the game warden says Deer Island is a bird sanctuary so dont set foot on the island, (not on any maps as such) but you can go just north of the intercoastal waterway on the other island all you want, (i did get to detect there for a couple hrs last weekend and found unidentifed Iorn as well as lots of nails No relics) yes I know this is Texas so "dont be salvaging no wrecks over 100 yrs old", but it appears the state prefers to let it lay at this time, the audobon societys plans for stoping the erousion problem is stated as "not to interfer with the wreck", the Ironicke thing is the audobon society is asking for public contributions to help restore the erosion when likely sitting on a possible Gold mine, I guess the state of Texas wont even help with the plight of the Deer Island brown pelican nesting ground when it is possibly all right there within a few feet of the surface, if any one else knows more on this (or These) wrecks Please responde. Thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions