placer mining equipment from retailer in NYC or Seattle?

cairde

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am making a business trip to the US in March, stopping in NYC and in Seattle. I am hoping to bring some equipment back home for my hobby of gold panning. To be more precise I am looking for a simple sluice box and a set of sieves. You would not believe how expensive these are in Sweden with all freight, customs and duties.

So I am looking for a store that sells this at decent prices in either of these two locations. Any ideas? I'd prefer not to use any E-commerce as I don't know to which adress to deliver and when the items will be delivered. But if you know some service that will hold the packages for me until I can pick them up, that might work too.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
C

cairde

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am surprised you do not do business with Rolf: Metalldetektor - metallsökare - guldgrävning - magneter

Oh, i do. He taught me to pan in the first place. :)

Rolf does a great thing promoting the hobby in Sweden and all over northern Europe, as did his father. But he also has more or less a monopoly and even if his prices are mostly fair, some items are just over priced even after accounting for all the taxes he has to pay on importing the stuff.

But now that i have the chance to buy the items in a low prices/low tax region of the world why not go for it? Compare these two:
$106.31 + shipping Guldström - Set med 3 finsiktar
$39.61 https://www.amazon.com/Sifting-Clas...=1487114656&sr=1-8&keywords=classifier+screen

I dont want to pay more than $100 for a set of three sieves that i could by of Amazon for less than $40. And coming back from my trip I am not requested to pay duties for items I do not intend to resell, which i would be if i just bought the items from Amazon right away.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No place in New York City - Sorry.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cairde: I can't find a prospecting equip. shop in Seattle itself, but
there is one in a close by city.

Black Jacks Metal Detectors and Mining Equipment

If you are renting a car, it's about a 20 minute drive from Seattle. Don't
know what a cab ride would cost.

If you have specific dates you'll be in Seattle, and will be making hotel reservations
in advance, then you could order from any of the online retailers and have the
package(s) shipped to the hotel.

OP
OP
C

cairde

Feb 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all. Most likely i will try to order the items to the hotel for picking them up there.

Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread