Places to prospect.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet, matthews! - According to my claims program (which is not completely accurate and about 2 years out of date) - it shows claims blanketing
the area around Oxbow Res. for about five miles. If that's the circle bridge about two miles upstream, my data shows claims on both sides. The good news
I recognize one, "Nancy's Gold" as a club claim - bad news i've forgotten which club! That's a well known area, I'm sure others on this forum will give you
better info.

Gold-Fish

Jan 5, 2013
I was looking through my new GPAA Miners Guide last night and happened to see "Nancy's Gold". I haven't been there yet, but thinking about checking this one out. This is a new claim to the GPAA, so there weren't any member reports as of the print date in the guide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Thanks fullpan for the info. Are there any spots open like mineral bar? Ive been to bear river also but I just want a new spot to explore....maybe yankee jims...any creeks?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can explore anywhere in the rec area, Yankee Jims is pay to park now#$$^^$. Open as far as what? Everything below the Iowa hill bridge is open on the North Fork as the rec area & it's wild & scenic & open above as well for a long ways. Nancy's is a GPAA claim but the trail is steep & slippery this time of year. You can mine right below Oxbow for quite a ways & then there is always Drivers Flat Rd on the right on the way up. It takes you down to Ruck a Chucky & Cherokee Bar. All that is open also. Everything from Drivers Flat down is open in the rec area. Get the map from the ranger station or Pioneer Mining sells a good map & they can lead you to some other spots. There's gold everywhere here just sample with a pan until you find your hot spot.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a claim just below the bridge, it is for sale for $6500 whopping dollars, MineralStar Mining is selling it.
Its a long long LONG ways down from the bridge to the creek for those looking at it on GoogleEarth.

How much is it to p at Yankee Jims now? I didnt know that was a pay area.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^^^Thats criminal

OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
ForumRunner_20130113_102905.png

ForumRunner_20130113_102943.png

ForumRunner_20130113_102926.png

ForumRunner_20130113_102905.png

Before...after...and little gold....yankee jims yesterday. My leg hurt bad from falling on the trail down so I just picked a spot and stuck to it...about 3 hrs of working slow..dug down until water started to seep in.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That second photo (of the gold) is interesting, how did you make it?

Mine it and recycle it!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here the Google pic of Nancy's Gold. TTC

Nancy's.jpg

Attachments

• Nancy's Gold.jpg
    Nancy's Gold.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 620

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a claim just below the bridge, it is for sale for $6500 whopping dollars, MineralStar Mining is selling it.
Its a long long LONG ways down from the bridge to the creek for those looking at it on GoogleEarth.

How much is it to p at Yankee Jims now? I didnt know that was a pay area.
Google Earth shows it to be about 140 feet below the road at a 45 degree decent. Ouch! TTC

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Couple pics of the Yankee Jims spot in the spring time.

Attachments

• side creek yankee jims.JPG
    side creek yankee jims.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 135
  • yankee jims bridge.JPG
    yankee jims bridge.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 132

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry you are right about the steepness of the trail down to the river from the bridge or from either side of the river. GPAA also has a claim in the same area, parking at the bridge is sometimes tough. I believe much of the river is claimed up the river from the bridge. But, the swimming is free in the summer, who'd want to do it in the winter, brr.........63bkpkr

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthews, I think Kevin is asking how you got that "light and shadow" kind of photo effect - it looks nice!

OP
OP
matthews1026

matthews1026

Jan 1, 2013
Elverta, CA
Oh..lol...sorry. Well it really wasnt an effect. Those were my kids shadows hovering over the gold pan and blocking the light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions