Places to stay in Denver

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what you are looking for! We have quite a few 4 and 5 star hotels, The Adams Mark, The Ritz Carlton, the Inverness etc. Plenty of standard hotels, I havent heard any recent nightmare stories lately about any local hotel though. Probably avoid anything on Colfaxe Avenue or close to the airport (Cause it's way east of town).

Hope this helps!
PS I lived in lubbock for a year, notable discovery there: Hail can fall horizontally. :) <3

OP
OP
G

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep thats for sure amazing HUH...

Anyway it will be me wife 2 boys nothing fancy but like Lubbock I am sure Denver has some sketch parts of town so thats what I want to avoid. While there hope to find some shops that sell prospecting equipment and a place to spend a couple days to sluice or pan. Then I will spend a day in Leadville and a Couple in Silverton before heading back to Lubbock Man I hate it here always have maybe I can find a new place to live in Colorado....

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several reasonably priced motels/hotels on west Colfax (Hwy 40) near Hwy 6 and I-70 close to Golden. A Marriot, Days Inn and a mom and pop type place ( I think its called Mountain View Inn). In Golden there is Gold'nDetectors for equipment. Should be able to find all of this using Google.

Good luck!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I highly recommend camping at Rocky Mountain National Park. If you are into that....

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
a beautiful place indeed but a LONG way from the gold.

Not just that but I spent last week in a tent at 10,500 ft and unless you have a sleeping bag rated to way below 30 degrees F, this time of year you will be spending a very uncomfortable night. We hit 21 degrees!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
AND if you bring a pet your choices of a place to stay are really limited! I know this personnaly! do your research of places now before you leave to go!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No pets coming this time around I book 3 nights in Golden so Im set i think :)

If you are military, there is Buckley AFB. Thirty years ago, there was also Lowry AFB you could stay at; it closed now. Lowry also had a very nice camp ground over near Breckenridge/Dillion area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread