coffeecup

Greenie
Oct 11, 2020
OKlahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wife and I frequent our neighborhood park almost daily. We go there to exercise the dog (chocolate lab) and enjoy the nice evening weather. Yesterday I took along my detector for its first outing ..
-
Our dog always attracts the young kids and this visit was no different however when the young five year old ventured over to our bench to see our dog Max, I watched his eyes continually jumping to my metal detector. The kiddio jumped at the chance to handle the Garretts machine and wear the wireless headphones. Unseen by my little guest I tossed a couple of clads into the grass and he found them in rapid succession while wearing a humongous smile..
-
His mom was ecstatic and commented that she'll have to locate the family's metal detector that's been tucked away in storage..
..Seed Planted

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You planted the seed, and it sounds like the youngster enjoyed the "harvest" ! Nice job.

Dan1033

Jun 10, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Had: Tesoro Silver Umax.
Teknetics Omega 8000,
Minelab Equinox 600

Have: Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most kids really like metal detectors. I was letting my nephew (9) use my Etrac and he got over a bad signal and I told him it was bad, but he wanted to dig anyway and out pops a big horseshoe. He was excited and said he had 7 years of good luck and ran inside to show everyone what he found. Hopefully he starts wanting to metal detect all the time, anythings better than playing games all day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread