• image-2342322335.jpg
    image-2342322335.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Brinks wraps their coin except half dollars in plastic. There is plenty of silver in the Brinks rolls. Pay attention to the dirty rims. Good luck.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks wraps their coin except half dollars in plastic. There is plenty of silver in the Brinks rolls. Pay attention to the dirty rims. Good luck.

Ok- thanks

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
2 dime boxes shrink wrapped in plastic- Did the bank itself do this? Do I even have a chance of finding silver? Well it's gonna make tonight's hunt super fast-

Brinks boxes are like this - Brinks wraps their dimes in these clear plastic wrappers.

And my first two dime boxes were picked up at the same bank, and for some reason one was a Brinks box and the other was from their regular carrier (not Brinks / Strings & Sons box and paper wrappers). In each box I found a Merc. I haven't done a Brinks box since then, but the average amount of Ag depends are your geographical region / population.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've run into the brinks rolls twice and both times they produced. Just recently, picking up at TD, I got a brinks box instead of the normal string rolls. Girls were not sure why but I like them and hope to see more of them.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So both boxes skunks- but it was ALOT faster searching them- except the glare from the light- I think I only broke open 10 total rolls because of dirty edges I couldn't quite tell
Owell I'm hooked

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually prefer to do dimes this way. The average is about 1 per box so the plastic actually speeds up the entire process so you can order more boxes of dimes to improve your chances. Only downfall is dumping the apparently unused boxes. I get around this by spreading out my dime box deposits to a few different banks so they don't think I've started up an armored car business...

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually prefer to do dimes this way. The average is about 1 per box so the plastic actually speeds up the entire process so you can order more boxes of dimes to improve your chances. Only downfall is dumping the apparently unused boxes. I get around this by spreading out my dime box deposits to a few different banks so they don't think I've started up an armored car business...

Dumping the unopened rolls is the best thing about the plastic. I just trade the unopened rolls for cwr, just like I do when I get solid date string rolls. Reduces the volume I have to put through coin machine.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have good luck with cents in those rolls, I got a nickel sized coin in them once, which was pretty strange.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those Brinks rolls. (When they aren't all new.) They always produce silver for me & you can literally search a whole box in about 2 minutes. Plus, like others have said, easy dumping.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
I find like 1 silver per 4 brinks clear boxes. I don't dump them by the box though, I unwrap

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had luck with brinks. starting to hate S&s having solid 2012 in my last three boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread