Platinum....

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My experience is that it rings between gold and silver-- towards the high end. I wouldn't discriminate nickels, though. One thing-- platinum is very heavy, and depending on where/ when it was lost, it might be pretty deep. Go slow and make tight sweeps for deeper dargets. What kind of detector are you using?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hunting under a swing onetime I found a very nice wedding ring and a pair of platinum earrings. Found the earings about 7 feet apart. Wasn't using my id machine at the time and haven't checked them on it, but they rang very clearly at the disc setting just below nickel on that machine. Oh man I wish I'd never put that "Found" add in the paper, had to change my number because of it. I would look for it above the nickel setting on the id scale. But if the person can get you within 50' of where they lost it, check every signal carefully!

OP
OP
M

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Thanks guys, the area I have to search is woodsy and on a slope but at least it's not a large area, there is a lot of trash there and I thought that if I could descriminate it would speed up my search.

I'm using a cheap Treasure Hunter 3030 for now, looking to go to a White's XLT in the near future.

Thanks, Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread