Playground Finder (Really awesome tool)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I put this in there so people will be able to search up playgrounds around there area and be able to hunt at them and recover jewerly or coins that kids and parents leave behind. I know this is probably not the place to put it. I already looked and did not find another section called Research unless I missed it completely.

Ok well anyway. I was searching for certain parks to hunt online through google.com and I found out this really cool website where you register for free and by-pass all of the profile updating page and you can search for different playgrounds in your area. Its pretty awesome! There are a lot of playgrounds that I did not even know about. They give you addresses and locations too! I thought i would share this with my fellow metal detectorists because this will make it easier for us to hunt and not have to search for the perfect spot. For us who search playgrounds.

I do not know if anyone else has found out about this.

http://www.kaboom.org/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Once you go to there website and register for free. Then a bar comes up on your screen that says My Kaboom! Scroll over to it and then you can go all the way down to Find Playgrounds Near you. Then it will say Find or Rate. Click that. Now it gives you the option to rate them as well. So once you have visited them you can rate them. I just thought this would be cool because you can search your state then the city and other cities nearby which have playgrounds and click on one and it will give you all this information about addresses and such.

By the way...ITS FREE!

Just thought it would be nice tool for all of us to use.

Upvote 0

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot. :thumbsup: Goes well with the one I posted earlier!

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a GREAT tool for me as I will soon be traveling in an RV all over the country and plan to hit many a park! Thank you for posting it for everyone.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright I feel like an idiot. How the heck do you search on this site? I put in zip, State,Town,USA, Name = screename? And no hits, nothing?

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Only 1 playground listed in my area.
I have been to 10 so list is not complete.
May take some time I guess.

S

Scots Gaelic

baspinall said:
Alright I feel like an idiot. How the heck do you search on this site? I put in zip, State,Town,USA, Name = screename? And no hits, nothing?

It's not you. I got "The criteria returned no results", yet in my zip code, there are 14.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I searched 5 different zip codes that is right here by me and found no play grounds and I know there is plenty of them here. SDo this was no help to me. But may be a help to bigger citys.....Matt

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
thanks for the link good stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread