Playground finds

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi everyone! Hopefully everyone had a great weekend. I got up @ 3:30am on Saturday so I could start detecting at sunrise which was around 5:00. I stopped @ Dunkin Donuts on my way and the bill came to 96 cents. So I handed the girl a dollar bill. She gave me back 4 pennies one of which was a 1918 wheat. That was a good way to start the morning! So I went to the area I wanted to detect but the gate was closed. So I rode around looking for somewhere else to detect. I came across a playground that I had seen once before and said I should try detecting there someday. I totally forgot about it. It's about 30' x 50' with wood chips. As I started detecting it became evident that no one had detected there in a long time or at all. I was finding coins everywhere. I was thinking there has to be some jewelry in there so I kept searching. I ended up finding 69 clad coins in this small area, one ring and very little junk.

coins:
40 pennies
9 nickels
10 dimes
10 quarters

The ring was about 3" down right in front of a tube that a small kid could crawl thru. Mom or grandma must have been helping a kid in or out. It took me over 2 hours to clean this place out and I had a good time doing it. I'm adding it to my list of places to check every so often. HH

Glenn

Attachments

• 6-17-06 ring and wheat.jpg
    6-17-06 ring and wheat.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 623
  • 6-17-06 clad.jpg
    6-17-06 clad.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 627
  • 6-17-06 junk.jpg
    6-17-06 junk.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 615
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Glad to see you found a spot that wasn't locked, nice little pile of change you dug, and a ring to go with it. ;)
HH
Mchamby

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
nice pile of change It always pays to check spots even if it does not seem like good area.

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Glenn!!!
Those playgrounds are great to detect and always give up some change. ( And jewelry, too)
HH!!

Joe

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like quite a playground! I haven't detected a playground as of yet. I found a man's wedding ring near a sliding board right on top of the woodchips. I ended up tracking down the owner and returning it. It was one of the best feelings. Anyway, great finds. WTG

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
ok glenn... what park did you hunt..i dont wanna take your change...nice finds..im planning on hitting a campground and a beach soon...in r.i. ....any advice?

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Glenn! The ring looks like sterling, and a 69 coin day is good anytime. Top it off with a 1918 wheat and you've had a heck of a day! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread