May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

Vp here, haven't been detecting much at all lately been super busy with work and all the fields are now planted, but i got out this morning to an old park here in town

i made my way to the oldest part of the park and hit it for about 3 hours - i figured i would dig everything 'cause it's been so long since i've touched the detector and i just felt like finding SOMETHING - well i found a pocket full of clad and these two silver rings, both were about 4 inches deep

i wasn't getting many deep signals at all which is very weird, i had my sensitivity on auto but when i looked at the reading it was only at 15 !! i looked around and their were some big power lines overhead which had to be the problem ... i turned it to manual and jacked it up to 25, about 10 minutes later right beneath and old tree on the side of a hill i got a perfect 13 47 signal - dug down about 8 inches and pulled the barber half !

had to call it quits right after that to get to a picnic but defainetly a fun hunt

thanks for looking

Vp

ps: i still have not ever found a barber dime ! is it weird that i've found more barber halfs (3) than i have barber dimes ???!!!

Attachments

• barberhalf2009.jpg
    barberhalf2009.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 834
Upvote 0

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice half!!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
V,
Congrats on the Barber Half.

Chris beat me to it but I've found lots of Barber dmes but never a Haf so if you ever want to trade just let me know...lol.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread