ddmac60

May 10, 2012
Rotonda West, Fl / Milford, Ct
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After an early day fishing, my brother and I decided to "dry sand" for an hour or 2. After digging multiple foil, bottle caps etc. I told my brother I was close to $1 in coins. He said "don't leave unless you're over".

I found a little group of coins and then sticking out of the sand right next to them was a "bill". Fortunately, it was not in the path of the beach sweeper. The bill was a little weathered and torn but a little scotch tape and it's almost as good as new. Well it's a little brittle so I'll probably go to my bank to convert to more recent currency.

And as a bonus one of the dimes was a 1942. PICT0111.JPG

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day, i wish you luck next hunt.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet! I wish my detector could find those,:laughing7:. That's a pretty good day!

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice surprise. A $20.00 bill sure helps with parking!
I once found 3- $1.00 bills held with a paper clip in a park. A fellow asked me if I found anything and I told him about the bills. He looked at me and said that a metal detector can not find paper money to which I replied they were Silver Certificates. He looked at me and said " Oh" then walked off.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ddmac60, you did very well! :wav:

That $20.00 sure is a terrific find...as is the '42 coin!

Keep 'em comin' ! :headbang:

Lorraine

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BigBeefy

Jan 19, 2010
Knoxvegas, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me beat. I went out last Sunday and found $13.00 in cash on my way to my spot.

OP
OP
ddmac60

ddmac60

May 10, 2012
Rotonda West, Fl / Milford, Ct
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for feedback. 2 years ago, before metal detecting was an interest, saw some beer cans on the beach and went to clean up the eyesore. There, amongst the cans was a thin wad of bills, about $8 as I remember.

It may not be as unusual as it may seem to find some bills on the beach in the early morning especially after a nice weather evening when young party people may have been using the beach.

Since I usually go out early, I'm going to keep a closer look at the sand instead of day dreaming and looking at the water while listening for a good tone.

Good hunting to all.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Find,,I think everyone would like to find a $20.00 bill,Happy for you,,HH:headbang:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Most I found on the beach was a 10$ bill. Found some pieces of a 5 but not enough to redeem. Hey Les do you still have those silver certificates. I had a pile of them at one time, but cashed them in. Somebody told me to always have a pile of singles in case of an emergency nobody will have change of higher bills. I keep around 50 in ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread