Please allow me to introduce myself

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N
This is my first post. I just want to say hi & thanks for all the great information, advice, tips, and experience that you guys bring to this forum. I have learned a lot & figured it was time to join in. I live in the Caribbean during the winter months & got hooked on TreasureNet about a year and a half ago. I have been trying to find out how to locate any older wrecks around southern Puerto Rico, Vieques or Culebra. There doesn't seem to be much info on the net when I search.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ant.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Ant.

Someone here should Definately be able to point you
in the right direction.

Just give them time to Find your post. ;)

Best of Luck to ya !

Jeff

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to our forum....

Like Diving Doc said you should buy Shipwrecks of Puerto Rico by Walter cardona Bonet....Walter is an old friend of mine and I will tell you the problems you will encounter in P.R. back in the 1970s Walter and Jesus Vega found the Santa Maria de Jesus 1500s wreck probably the oldest found in the hemisphere at that time carrying just about 30 mil in artifacts....the government of P.R. offered them 10% and that was the end of it....the Santa maria de Jesus still lays at the bottom of the sea.

Good luck and happy hunting

Chagy.........

OP
OP
Antny

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to know I am not alone with my dreams of finding sunken treasure. Chagy and Doc, "Shipwrecks of Puerto Rico by Walter Cardona Bonet" is a difficult book to locate. I tried looking for P.R. wrecks on the web last winter & came across the title, but it was sold out. Also tried Amazon & it too was sold out. Ebay had nothing either. Do you have any idea how I can obtain a copy?
Darren, thank you for the link. I can start doing my "homework" now.

Anthony

99*

Readily available at any histroical site in PR the old forts of San Juan, Good Luck 99*

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Biblio.com and Alibris.com both have Vol I. for about $125.00

Best,
Darren

OP
OP
Antny

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
Chagy,
Thanks! I read somewhere here that there are no stupid questions. Are the dots on the map (that aren't numbered) unidentified wrecks, or places where a ship was believed to have sank?
Best,
Ant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions