• MVC-012F.JPG
    MVC-012F.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,844
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help? Thanks...d2

(A) Not wishing to be a kill joy, but personally I think that someone with a bit of treasure sign knowledge is playing games.

How old do you think that tree could be? Certainly not in the time period suggested by using Spanish symbols which at the latest would be over 100+ years.

Jose de La Mancha (tilting windmills)

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The map on the tree has been there (my guess) 80 years or better. I have a picture of the same tree that was taken in the 70's and it was just as legible then, also while squirrel hunting behind my house I found a beech tree that 2 great uncles of mine carved their names in in 1923 and it is in better shape than the picture above. So just by comparing those two trees is how I came up with the 80 or better years of age. I do not know if there is anything to the map or not but if I don't try a little bit on it I will always wonder. Thanks for the info guuys...d2

O

old gold

d2 said:
and help me if you can. I posted this above on the KGC website and just now realized I shud have put it here. Can anyone help?
under the word orro thats a picture of a TV set.The people that carved this were couch potatoes.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
depending on where this tree is, it could be near 100 years old but only be 18-20 inches across....trees that are in low areas, with many taller trees around them, tend to be stunted from the lack of sun and therefore do not grow as tall or big as one would in the middle of a pasture or on a high spot.......i have cored several in my area that look to be at the most 50-60 years old, with carvings dated 1923 and around that date....these trees age is over 120-140 years old according to the growth rings,,,,,,,,anyone that has ever carved on a beech knows that it takes a great many years for a carving to get as dark as it is in the pics above,,,,the carved area will stay near white/yellow/light brown for quite some time...........as for the word '' oro '' well it might not have been so noticable when this carving was made, but anyone in america today knows for a fact that people of spanish descent ARE here, and always have been...or it just might have been someone that knew the word oro was the same as gold, didn't want to put '' gold '' on the tree, for everyone knows what that stands for....the three legged pot is normal for the type iron cooking pots prevalent in the late 1800s to early 1900s...three feet on most large ones i have seen from this period...........maybe the carvings are some sort of hoax, but personally i would not be on the bandwagon that jumps to this conclusion.........gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
another thing, every one of the symbols here are in the book by gale rhoads ''waybill to spanish mines and treasures ... the thing i would look at are the two EE which are perfect compared to the other letters, and the 186E,,,the E often being a reverse symbol....i think i gave several possible interpretations on this tree on the other thread, and it would be the thing to do to check it out in every way that you can arrange the symbols/numbers/letters, and remember to also try in reverse as the curved line E would tend to point as being in reverse...............gldhntr

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast
Maybe the chinese or japanese letter/word on lower right is a vital clue. If you can find anyone who can read that, it might be quite useful. Incidently, is there a railroad track in the area? The pictographs (minus the words and numbers) sort of suggest to me some kind of railroad or mining cart (the pictograph on top) and tracks (just above the chinese letter on bottom). The chinese were involved with the laying of railroads around that time. Also, doesn't "oro" mean gold in one language or another? "or" is French for gold, so maybe spanish or some other related language?

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guys, I have worked very little on this since it was shown to me. I appreciate all of the emails and suggestions that I have gotten and yall would not believe some of the emails that have been sent to me. I have saved all the ones that gave idea's, hints etc. I will retire from the state police in 39 days. The first 2 weeks I intend on spending everyday on this map. I promise I will let ya'll know somehow if I find it or find out where it was. Thanks for the info. Gldhunter, where can I get a copy of that book abouot the spainish treasure marks?...d2

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
the book is hard to find...i have seen copies selling at over 1600.00 a fellow on this site posted a week or so ago that he got one off ebay for around 200.00,,,,maybe you could get him to sell you photocopy.....jacko may also sell you photocopy.....mine at this time is several states away being much used........the symbol at right bottom isn't chinese...it is either a dagger or a cross...the round spot on right of it may be cache, or may be rock that this symbol is carved on...the 5 lines beside each other could be a dry creek/river bed or most likely distances, as in 5 vara, paces, rods, chains, whatever...figure out direction, go this number of measurements, look for either a rock with the dagger/cross on it, or some other type symbol/marker....could possibly be a cross shape {of rocks/trees/dug spot/other marker} with 4 caches noted by the 4 spots around cross/dagger.......it looks like the way i would want to start my retirement..........good luck,,,,,,,,gldhntr

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLA Oro is Spanish for Gold (How I love that word, sigh, must have been a female in one of my past lives heheheheh - shaddup!!!), but directions in Spanish are West = Oeste,a donde se mete el Sol. - East = Oriente, done sale el Sol - South = Sur. So if the "SW" was a directional mark, they were using Yankee words.

The what appears to be a Chinese marking could be simply a cross with marks in the four quadrants to emphasize the holiness of it?

Till Eulenspiegle de La Mancha

p.s. An ore cart was also used as a symbol for mining or Gold --- the thingie just below the mark "ORO".

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
Please do Senor Tayopa,I look forward to it,muchas gracias
Buddy
He sido siguiente casi todo su poste y debo decir que usted tiene una abundancia de la información! Miro adelante a la lectura lo que usted tiene que decir sobre muestras y símbolos, perdono por favor mi mal español, charla a usted pronto agradezco a compinche

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MesaBuddy link
Buddy
perdono por favor mi mal español, charla a usted pronto agradezco a compinche

HIO Esta bastante bien amigo, it is quite good mesa mi buddy - Hasta.

Till Eulenspiegle de La Mancha

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
¿Cómo es usted verdadero mi amigo, es usted en Tuscon? Espero que todo esté bien, tenga un hogar seguro del viaje, le vea más adelante
Tengo un sitio que sea muy loco aquí en AZ, puedo usted P.M. yo y le dejaré saber qué se está encendiendo, tener un problema con un par de símbolos, águila quizás, buho
;)

O

onert62

I would check it out anyways gold 215 feet sw of here? what have you got to loose? Not a thing!!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
MesaBuddy said:
¿Cómo es usted verdadero mi amigo, es usted en Tuscon? Espero que todo esté bien, tenga un hogar seguro del viaje, le vea más adelante
Tengo un sitio que sea muy loco aquí en AZ, puedo usted P.M. yo y le dejaré saber qué se está encendiendo, tener un problema con un par de símbolos, águila quizás, buho
;)

Feeble attempt at translation :

How are you my friend, you are you in Tuscon? I hope that everything is well, has a safe home of the trip, it sees him more ahead I have a site that is very crazy here in AZ, I can you P.M. I and I will let know how to him what is igniting, to have a problem with a pair of symbols, eagle perhaps, buho

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
MesaBuddy said:
Buddy
He sido siguiente casi todo su poste y debo decir que usted tiene una abundancia de la información! Miro adelante a la lectura lo que usted tiene que decir sobre muestras y símbolos, perdono por favor mi mal español, charla a usted pronto agradezco a compinche

I have been following almost all its post and must say that you have an abundance of the information! I watch ahead the reading which you must say on samples and symbols, I pardon my badly Spanish please, to char it to you soon I thank for pal

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
gypsyheart said:
MesaBuddy said:
;)

Feeble attempt at translation :

How are you my friend, you are you in Tuscon? I hope that everything is well, has a safe home of the trip, it sees him more ahead I have a site that is very crazy here in AZ, I can you P.M. I and I will let know how to him what is igniting, to have a problem with a pair of symbols, eagle perhaps, buho

Nice job Gypsy... you go girl....you only miss one word; buho..that means owl.

Best,

Chagy......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread