Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is something I've "found" as a trend, so this is today's find...technically.

It's been bothering me for a while, but bothering me only because I don't understand. Why do (some) AT Pro users title their finds with "AT Pro finds......." Or something with AT Pro...

Great machines, and great company. I just find this as a trend. Currently I know of four threads featuring "AT Pro" in their title. I don't see other detectors named in titles nearly as much. I assume its because they're so awesome. Please explain...

Last edited:
Upvote 1

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest and I am a AT Gold user and it is an awesome machine, but I do not throw them in the title. I think it is due to the nature that for a lengthy period of time, Garrett was not taken seriously in the relic hunting part of the hobby and folks are proud or just defensive....just my guess.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At Pro, im not atpro sure, why these atpro people use atpro so much in their atpro'ing threads, what the atpro!

ok im done! atpro that!

lol, I did a few times when I made my first great finds with mine, honestly I think I was trying to prove/justify
that an atpro can find goods just the same as the other "top end" machines

yes, my reply will likely start an onslaught of comments/hate letters.......

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
At Pro, im not atpro sure, why these atpro people use atpro so much in their atpro'ing threads, what the atpro!

ok im done! atpro that!

lol, I did a few times when I made my first great finds with mine, honestly I think I was trying to prove/justify
that an atpro can find goods just the same as the other "top end" machines

yes, my reply will likely start an onslaught of comments/hate letters.......

Chris, great reply buddy. Cheers!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, great reply buddy. Cheers!

seriously though, me posting atpro in my thread titles was to show that I
can hang with the "bigboys", because like Dan said, garrett got a lot of
flack in the detecting world and I read a lot of places where they aren't
taken seriously.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seriously though, me posting atpro in my thread titles was to show that I
can hang with the "bigboys", because like Dan said, garrett got a lot of
flack in the detecting world and I read a lot of places where they aren't
taken seriously.

I remember the very first time Beau and I demoed the AT Pro...we were giggling like kids in the water saying "I can't believe we are using garretts, but it did not take long to realize just how good they were" I use the ATs in the water mostly, but the AT Gold is my primary house site machine and I dig a ton of colonial goodies with it from within heavy iron. Yet people still say they are inferior machines.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta wonder if the "diggers" show had anything to do with it?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are just proud of the finds and want to give their machine a little credit...my AT PRO is my friend. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta wonder if the "diggers" show had anything to do with it?
Im sure the show helped sales but they were already popular before the show...the days of saying "no one machine does it all" are over...AT isn't the best at everything but it does everything well.

Last edited:

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put at pro in my subject bar because I put what the vdi comes up as. So other at pro users can see and possibly learn something. I'm kinda new though, is it obnoxious to do that? Lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I put at pro in my subject bar because I put what the vdi comes up as. So other at pro users can see and possibly learn something. I'm kinda new though, is it obnoxious to do that? Lol

Absolutely not! It's not obnoxious. I'm glad people didn't take my question the wrong way. A lot has been explained already and I'm grateful.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that your question has been pretty well answered by all the views above. But, since it's known that I use the ATP and
will tend to defend it, I figure I'll give my 2 cent piece worth.

First of all, I don't believe I've ever done that, (memory be as it is and all that). Still, I have had the same question in my mind
every time I see ANY name of a metal detector in a subject line. I always look inside to expecting to see why the detector was
getting credit. So far, I haven't found ANY that tells me.

But your question is why put the ATP in the subject line. I really don't know why because I don't. But, I suspect it boils down to
some sort of status symbol AND a fear that maybe, just maybe, they made a mistake in buying the wrong machine. By calling attention
to it being the ATP, (their machine), that found this, they can safely self-justify that they are just as good, (if not better), than anyone else. LOL

If I do refer to my VDI it's for other users who know how the ATP's numbers translate to their own machine.

"The best detector in the world, is the one in my hand, at the time."

Good question.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that your question has been pretty well answered by all the views above. But, since it's known that I use the ATP and
will tend to defend it, I figure I'll give my 2 cent piece worth.

First of all, I don't believe I've ever done that, (memory be as it is and all that). Still, I have had the same question in my mind
every time I see ANY name of a metal detector in a subject line. I always look inside to expecting to see why the detector was
getting credit. So far, I haven't found ANY that tells me.

But your question is why put the ATP in the subject line. I really don't know why because I don't. But, I suspect it boils down to
some sort of status symbol AND a fear that maybe, just maybe, they made a mistake in buying the wrong machine. By calling attention
to it being the ATP, (their machine), that found this, they can safely self-justify that they are just as good, (if not better), than anyone else. LOL

If I do refer to my VDI it's for other users who know how the ATP's numbers translate to their own machine.

"The best detector in the world, is the one in my hand, at the time."

Good question.

That's pretty good. Thanks bud. I may, however, mention my CTX 3030 if and when I hit 100 silvers for the year.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty good. Thanks bud. I may, however, mention my CTX 3030 if and when I hit 100 silvers for the year.

Oh I'm not saying don't do that, just my take on why they do.

Feel free to give your machine credit! But, try to show why it's getting credit. ;)

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was hard for me not to mention "DEUS" in my posts when I first got it. I think it's because anyone who knows me knows I used an ATPro for a long time, and I was thrilled that the DEUS was finding things the ATPro missed.

I felt like a "big boy" when I got my ATPro, it sure has some high end capabilities for being low cost. I guess people want to show that it can compete.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I've noticed that too, and in a previous thread (buried deep somewhere now), I made a theory that it's some contractual obligation you must sign when buying an AT Pro. I bet you it's something like, "You must clearly state 'AT Pro' in the subject of any discussion thread where the detector was used to make the finds."

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was hard for me not to mention "DEUS" in my posts when I first got it. I think it's because anyone who knows me knows I used an ATPro for a long time, and I was thrilled that the DEUS was finding things the ATPro missed.

I felt like a "big boy" when I got my ATPro, it sure has some high end capabilities for being low cost. I guess people want to show that it can compete.

Lol. I think I mentioned my new detector in my posts after I missed them with my Teknetics T2. I want to get a Deus but my wife would slay me after just buying the CTX over Xmas.

George has both and we now know why he cleans up. lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed that too, and in a previous thread (buried deep somewhere now), I made a theory that it's some contractual obligation you must sign when buying an AT Pro. I bet you it's something like, "You must clearly state 'AT Pro' in the subject of any discussion thread where the detector was used to make the finds."

Hahaha. You know I was wondering that myself, but didn't ask in my post. I wish you could dig up that thread!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions