please HELP ALASKA

Nanner

Jun 25, 2012
A
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1100 discovery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pirates I need a little help. I am having a hard time finding any silver coins in Alaska. It seems like everywhere I go is only clad coins. If anyone is from Alaska And have better luck please help a fellow detector out and give tips about where you previously found these coins. Thank you for the look and feel free to send me an email.

Nathan Martin Ft. Richardson Alaska

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nanner, I'm from Southern California but I'll still offer you some tips:
I believe Ft. Richardson has been in its present location since 1950.
Locate where the barracks for 500 soldiers and the BOQ was located in 1950 (may still be).
Search around those pre-clad areas.
Don.....

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well this is not much help, but my first thoughts were Alaska hasn’t had many people roaming all over her, compared to the lower 48.

Look for the oldest places around where people have been using it for the longest.

OP
OP
N

Nanner

Jun 25, 2012
A
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon the only problem with MD'ing on ft Richardson is the MP's tell me its defacing government property. Idk what the problem is really, but the MP's have to feel important I guess

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nanner, I'd give it one more shot; a demonstation to the supervising MP of what you wish to do. 'Salt' the ground with a couple of silver coins and let him see what you do (without the earphones--so he can hear the signal). Then hand him the machine and let him do it. Tben bury a couple of coins and let him find them. Then show him how you open and replace holes so that there is no permanent mark showing that you've even been there--much less 'destroyed government property'.
Good luck,
Don.......

OP
OP
N

Nanner

Jun 25, 2012
A
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you ill give it the ole college try!!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nanner, I'd give it one more shot; a demonstation to the supervising MP of what you wish to do. 'Salt' the ground with a couple of silver coins and let him see what you do (without the earphones--so he can hear the signal). Then hand him the machine and let him do it. Tben bury a couple of coins and let him find them. Then show him how you open and replace holes so that there is no permanent mark showing that you've even been there--much less 'destroyed government property'.
Good luck,
Don.......

That would be a good start, but will probably need to get the Base Commander's approval. Plus it will be a constant request if soldiers move as much as they use to. But the General said, yep but he/she has been transfered. Then you would have issues with the Base civilian engineers. Just go off base and hunt, should be some small towns and wooded areas to hunt. Just check around, get permission if needed and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread