Please help an eBay idiot.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I don't understand why anyone would do the ebay thing.

Ebay listing fees.

Ebay final value fees.

Paypal fees.

IRS tax forms.

Messed up feedback system for sellers.

Jerkoff customers who complain about everything and leave neg feedback for insane stuff.

Ebay and it stupid rating system that any jerkoff can ruin for any reason. (Shipping too high on free shipping!)

USPS, UPS, and fed ex losing or breaking your packages.

All the time and effort to scour garage and estate sales and thrift stores and auctions and learn a billion new items.

All the time and effort to package your items so they don't get destroyed.

Driving to the place to drop off your packages.

Filling out forms for international buyers who are probably going to rip you off anyway.

Taking pictures and posting them and writing up descriptions that no matter how clear you make them you will still be bombarded with dumb questions.

If I missed anything let the new people who want to jump in know! :tongue3:

thumbnail.aspx

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ebay listing fees.

Ebay final value fees.

Paypal fees.

IRS tax forms.

Jerkoff customers who complain about everything and leave neg feedback for insane stuff.

Ebay and it stupid rating system that any jerkoff can ruin for any reason. (Shipping too high on free shipping!)

All the time and effort to scour garage and estate sales and thrift stores and auctions and learn a billion new items.

All the time and effort to package your items so they don't get destroyed.

Filling out forms for international buyers who are probably going to rip you off anyway.

Taking pictures and posting them and writing up descriptions that no matter how clear you make them you will still be bombarded with dumb questions.

thumbnail.aspx

You wrote that as if you literally have no clue how to sell on eBay.

You must not know how to pack items, how to list properly, etc.

Since you are such a hater of eBay, please tell me where you can sell so many random items for such an high $$ amount? Like it or not, a smart seller goes where the BUYERS are. The fees are miniscule when you compare them to the TIME it would take to sell these items otherwise.

How are you getting items damaged in shipment? In the past 4 years I have shipped somewhere between 15,000-20,000 items. I use FedEx and USPS and sometimes UPS. I haven't had a single item damaged in shipment in that time span *knocks on wood*. You must be just an awful shipper if items are getting damaged. Here's a tip. Use all new packing supplies if you are having problems. Get brand new boxes, new bubblewrap, new peanuts, etc.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
You wrote that as if you literally have no clue how to sell on eBay.

You must not know how to pack items, how to list properly, etc.

Since you are such a hater of eBay, please tell me where you can sell so many random items for such an high $$ amount? Like it or not, a smart seller goes where the BUYERS are. The fees are miniscule when you compare them to the TIME it would take to sell these items otherwise.

How are you getting items damaged in shipment? In the past 4 years I have shipped somewhere between 15,000-20,000 items. I use FedEx and USPS and sometimes UPS. I haven't had a single item damaged in shipment in that time span *knocks on wood*. You must be just an awful shipper if items are getting damaged. Here's a tip. Use all new packing supplies if you are having problems. Get brand new boxes, new bubblewrap, new peanuts, etc.

:icon_scratch:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ebay listing fees.

Ebay final value fees.

Paypal fees.

IRS tax forms.

All the time and effort to package your items so they don't get destroyed

Taking pictures and posting them and writing up descriptions that no matter how clear you make them you will still be bombarded with dumb questions

thumbnail.aspx

1- Ebay listing fees.

--- Free for the first 50 listings, list high dollar items first then your lesser priced stuff after the 50 free listings are used up.

2- Ebay final value fees.

--- 9% mine ARE 7.5% after my discount

3- Paypal fees.

--- less than 3%

4- IRS tax forms.

--- none unless your doing over 20k a year in sales AND more than 200 transactions

5- Messed up feedback system for sellers.

--- i've never received negative feedback (knock on wood)

6- Jerkoff customers who complain about everything and leave neg feedback for insane stuff.

--- see above reply

7- Ebay and it stupid rating system that any jerkoff can ruin for any reason. (Shipping too high on free shipping!)

--- My rating is 5.00 without even trying

8- USPS, UPS, and fed ex losing or breaking your packages.

--- hasn't happened yet in the last decade.

9- All the time and effort to scour garage and estate sales and thrift stores and auctions and learn a billion new items.

--- it's called a hobby which translates to fun for some people besides being educational. I love it. I will continue to learn till the day I die.

10- All the time and effort to package your items so they don't get destroyed.

--- A monkey could do it, a moot point.

11- Driving to the place to drop off your packages.

--- USPS will pick them up for free. I choose to drop mine off because I have a PO a mile from me. They are all prepaid so I just walk in past all the fools in line and drop them off.

12- Filling out forms for international buyers who are probably going to rip you off anyway.

--- It's done automatically if you do it through Ebay. Don't ship overseas without confirmation, simple, or better yet don't ship overseas if your uncomfortable with it, duh.

13- Taking pictures and posting them and writing up descriptions that no matter how clear you make them you will still be bombarded with dumb questions.

--- Your reaching for straws now, I would rather be asked a "dumb" question than deal with a not satisfied customer. However, I don't get asked too many questions to begin with, I describe my items to a T.

14- If I missed anything let the new people who want to jump in know! :tongue3:.

-- YOU MISSED THE FACT THAT YOUR A TROLL AND YOUR LOOKING FOR ATTENTION THAT YOUR MOMMY NEVER GAVE YOU AS A CHILD, MUCH LESS THE DADDY YOU NEVER KNEW. SO HERE YOU GO.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
1- Ebay listing fees.

--- Free for the first 50 listings, list high dollar items first then your lesser priced stuff after the 50 free listings are used up.

2- Ebay final value fees.

--- 9% mine ARE 7.5% after my discount

3- Paypal fees.

--- less than 3%

4- IRS tax forms.

--- none unless your doing over 20k a year in sales AND more than 200 transactions

5- Messed up feedback system for sellers.

--- i've never received negative feedback (knock on wood)

6- Jerkoff customers who complain about everything and leave neg feedback for insane stuff.

--- see above reply

7- Ebay and it stupid rating system that any jerkoff can ruin for any reason. (Shipping too high on free shipping!)

--- My rating is 5.00 without even trying

8- USPS, UPS, and fed ex losing or breaking your packages.

--- hasn't happened yet in the last decade.

9- All the time and effort to scour garage and estate sales and thrift stores and auctions and learn a billion new items.

--- it's called a hobby which translates to fun for some people besides being educational. I love it. I will continue to learn till the day I die.

10- All the time and effort to package your items so they don't get destroyed.

--- A monkey could do it, a moot point.

11- Driving to the place to drop off your packages.

--- USPS will pick them up for free. I choose to drop mine off because I have a PO a mile from me. They are all prepaid so I just walk in past all the fools in line and drop them off.

12- Filling out forms for international buyers who are probably going to rip you off anyway.

--- It's done automatically if you do it through Ebay. Don't ship overseas without confirmation, simple, or better yet don't ship overseas if your uncomfortable with it, duh.

13- Taking pictures and posting them and writing up descriptions that no matter how clear you make them you will still be bombarded with dumb questions.

--- Your reaching for straws now, I would rather be asked a "dumb" question than deal with a not satisfied customer. However, I don't get asked too many questions to begin with, I describe my items to a T.

14- If I missed anything let the new people who want to jump in know! :tongue3:.

-- YOU MISSED THE FACT THAT YOUR A TROLL AND YOUR LOOKING FOR ATTENTION THAT YOUR MOMMY NEVER GAVE YOU AS A CHILD, MUCH LESS THE DADDY YOU NEVER KNEW. SO HERE YOU GO.

No, what was missed was my post was a complete tongue-in-cheeck, sarcastic, and non literal post. You see earlier bazinga went off on people calling them stupid for giving away information on items. AKA sharing knowledge with a like minded community. So my tongue in cheek post was making a mockery of that by trying to convince new people to ebay that is was not worth their time and trouble.

However that fell flat on its ass when you and bazinga decided to go into a tirades against me.

Honestly, how DUMB are you two that when someone makes a post with a NANCY REAGAN photo in it you take it literal? And I know you know who Nancy Reagan is since you are a little bit older than 12.

I was not trolling, I was attempting humor that flew over at least two peoples heads.

So in the end you miss my humor and then attempt to psychoanalyze my life. And proceed to call me names like we are both six and on a playground.

So go look in a mirror and ask yourself this question out loud, "If I thought the guy was trolling, why did I waste my time responding?"

You will probably lie to yourself but the fact is, it is you that is the attention seeking child.

Also, I do not think you are trolling me, you are actually really upset. :BangHead: makes me :laughing7:. Keep up the good work.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nobody taught me anything. I learned on my own. It's really not that difficultif you "just do it."
As I stated above, I was as computer illiterate as they come when I started selling. I managed.
If you know someone that sells on Ebay and they are willing to walk you through it then by all means go for it.
If not then try one or more of the suggestions offered on here already. I find it odd that the only one giving any flack is Keppy. I wonder why OldSowBreath hasn't replied back. Probably scared him off with all the nonsense BS on here by someone who likes to start trouble.
Man you are a really smart person no one ever had to teach you any thing............You never went to school and was taught...... You never had to be taught to do the type of work you do ..... Man i scared OldSowBreath away by telling him to have some one show him the ropes..... He gets scared pretty easy... But i don't think i scared him away......

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, how DUMB are you two that when someone makes a post with a NANCY REAGAN photo in it you take it literal? And I know you know who Nancy Reagan is since you are a little bit older than 12.

I'm 30, and while I know WHO she is, I haven't a clue what she looks like. Nor do I think I would recognize her in that tiny thumbnail that you posted even if I did. When Reagan left office, I was 7. I was more interested in catching frogs down at the creek than following politics.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your attempt at humor was pathetic at best or at least the way you went about it was. Maybe you should have utlized some of the smilies at your disposal for emphasis versus the Nancy Reagan picture. I'm still lost on that one (just call me stupid I guess). Would you care to explain that part? Is it because you see her as a joke, therefore that meant the post was a joke? I'm glad you didn't actually mean what you said, that changes my "troll" opinion of you, if that's what you mean by me calling you names on the playground like we are 6. The reason I responded was because, your post was so out of touch with reality that (if you did actually mean what you said) I couldn't let the OP read it and believe any of it, so I felt it was my duty to call you out as a fraud and a BS'er. I'm glad it worked out for the better and that you weren't actually serious. I am man enough to admit I made a mistake and that I was wrong in my assumption of you. I apologize for that and for calling you a troll. Are you big enough to accept it?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you are a really smart person no one ever had to teach you any thing............You never went to school and was taught...... You never had to be taught to do the type of work you do ..... Man i scared OldSowBreath away by telling him to have some one show him the ropes..... He gets scared pretty easy... But i don't think i scared him away......
You got all that out of my reply huh? Pure genius I tell ya.:thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that's usually MY job, haha. :laughing7:
I know and you do a better job than me at times i read all your posts when i see them................ And you know there is one person on Tnet that calls me a troll.... And when he first called me that ....... I thought he ment i was a short person..... :laughing9::occasion14:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know and you do a better job than me at times i read all your posts when i see them................ And you know there is one person on Tnet that calls me a troll.... And when he first called me that ....... I thought he ment i was a short person..... :laughing9::occasion14:

I just like to keep it interesting at times, haha. I'm liked by very few on this site and it makes me laugh at how angry some people get if you don't agree with them. I should keep track of how many people want to fight me on this site. I bet I'm the leader for that stat on tnet. :)

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Your attempt at humor was pathetic at best or at least the way you went about it was. Maybe you should have utlized some of the smilies at your disposal for emphasis versus the Nancy Reagan picture. I'm still lost on that one (just call me stupid I guess). Would you care to explain that part? Is it because you see her as a joke, therefore that meant the post was a joke? I'm glad you didn't actually mean what you said, that changes my "troll" opinion of you, if that's what you mean by me calling you names on the playground like we are 6. The reason I responded was because, your post was so out of touch with reality that (if you did actually mean what you said) I couldn't let the OP read it and believe any of it, so I felt it was my duty to call you out as a fraud and a BS'er. I'm glad it worked out for the better and that you weren't actually serious. I am man enough to admit I made a mistake and that I was wrong in my assumption of you. I apologize for that and for calling you a troll. Are you big enough to accept it?

Not everyone gets my humor. And for the record I did use a smiley at the end of my post. And yes Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" anti drug campaign was a joke. (hence the picture with the podium with the slogan) It kind of fit the theme, just say no to drugs/ebay.

I respect your vast amounts of knowledge and that you like to share. I also try and share but my knowledge is a drop in a bucket compared to others here. So I try when I can. But if I see an opportunity for some humor I try and liven up the boards.

I never came here looking for a fight. So apology accepted. Lets just get on with what we enjoy doing.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just like to keep it interesting at times, haha. I'm liked by very few on this site and it makes me laugh at how angry some people get if you don't agree with them. I should keep track of how many people want to fight me on this site. I bet I'm the leader for that stat on tnet. :)
I know i think that it is pretty funny how easy it is to get some on here going......It's just to easy..........

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know i think that it is pretty funny how easy it is to get some on here going......It's just to easy..........
Me and bazinga have went a round or two in the past but the difference between you and bazinga is, he just states what's on his mind and replies with no holds barred. You on the other hand, reply with implied sarcasm meant to get a rise out of people. The difference is in the context. By the way, I don't get mad or irritated at some responses on here, quite the contrary actually. I, as you (obviously) love a good disagreement. Though at your age I guess it's more of a neccessity, keeps your blood flowing and all. I just love to give back what I receive. It's the Christian thing to do.:laughing7: Wait a minute... i'm not even religious. Maybe I just like to go a few rounds every now and then. Verbal sparring so to speak, yeah that's it! Have a good one! :boxing:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several yellow Ebay for dummies books out there, here's one for sale on ebay (cheapest) Ebay for Dummies by Marsha Collier (2006, Paperback) 9780470045299 | eBay Starting in July, all sellers get FREE pictures—12 per listing—including free zoom and enlarge. Until then you can use Use - Free image hosting and photo sharing from Use.com for free phots and templates to sell. I looked at a few online step by step tutorials for you and this one seems to be the easiest- How to Sell on eBay: A Step-by-Step Guide Myself, I just learned through trial and error by just doing it. If you have any problems with anything specific while your trying to list something, let us know, we'll help you out.

It's just like detecting, first learn the basics then in time you will start picking up all the little things. Unlike some of the others I upload the pics through Ebay, which I really have to because I would never have the time to use a host. I also have an Auctiva account which raises the image size on your page and it's the best $15 a month (or whatever it is) that I've ever spent. Pictures and often descriptions are a big part of getting the most out of your stuff on ebay so it's not just the technical stuff you need to learn. Plus you have to know what categories to use, and what strategy to go with... auction or fixed price, or fixed price with best offer. People who don't use the site, or at least don't sell, and sell a lot, probably don't realized how involved it is to do it very well.

PS: You'll often get quite a different perspective from someone who sells 2 items a week compared to 200.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and bazinga have went a round or two in the past but the difference between you and bazinga is, he just states what's on his mind and replies with no holds barred.

You and I have had disagreements? Nah... get out of here, haha. :laughing7:

At the end of the day, though, I'm smart enough to realize that if you and I were put into a room together, we would probably have a lot to talk and learn from each other. It would be interesting going to sales / auctions with you to get a whole new perspective on buying and selling items that just don't cross my mind or I've never taken the time to educate myself on.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and I have had disagreements? Nah... get out of here, haha. :laughing7:

At the end of the day, though, I'm smart enough to realize that if you and I were put into a room together, we would probably have a lot to talk and learn from each other. It would be interesting going to sales / auctions with you to get a whole new perspective on buying and selling items that just don't cross my mind or I've never taken the time to educate myself on.
And vice versa, that's what it's all about, learning new things. Wait till you see my latest thrift store find I just purchased 30 mintutes ago.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And vice versa, that's what it's all about, learning new things. Wait till you see my latest thrift store find I just purchased 30 mintutes ago.

Like a season finale... leaving us with a cliffhanger.... My finds from today were ok, but nothing amazing. Although I'm excited about finally finding a meat slicer for a reasonable price that isn't made of plastique.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread