Please help, gold prospector, found cool rocks

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Didnt get to go to the new creek today. I went to my usual creek (gold pics to come) and as i was shoveling into my bazooka, in the same shovel full, i noticed 2 rocks that were unlike all the others ive seen in this creek. Any help identifying would fantastic. The small round one is pinkish in color and smooth as glass. The clear one has zero color at all and is smooth on the edges. At first i thought it was just clear quartz, but its is so smooth and almost feels like its frosted or coated in dry soap or something... best way i can explain it. Let me know what you guys think this could be. I am at the deepest layer i have ever been in at this creek and i believe this stuff was in clay.+
20160404_101456.jpg 20160404_101506.jpg

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind I am not an expert. Being associated with the quartz, what it looks like to me is that it could be a piece of stream rounded pink feldspar. That is only a guess tho. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to agree about the pebble with IAM. As to the clear bit a hardness test or SG is needed to rule between topaz and quartz but it looks more like a quartz to me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread