Please help identify rock

Satchel28

Mar 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help identify. Probably nothing, but my 6 year old son would love 2 know.

My Son found this rock in a bag of river rock used in gardens that came from Lowes. The green is from a marker he was playing with.

Video of found rock:

My apologies if I posted this in the wrong place.

20180319_170052.jpg 20180319_170052.jpg

Last edited:

stdenis_jd

May 7, 2015
West Lower Peninsula, MI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't really tell what the green marks are, did you hit it with a marker? otherwise I have no idea what the green would be other than incidental copper oxidation.

it's a conglomerate stone, the brown chunks are flint/chert and the host rock appears to be basaltic. I'm guessing you're in a glacial zone and this is a basalt/chert tillite conglomerate.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Satchel28

Mar 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't really tell what the green marks are, did you hit it with a marker? otherwise I have no idea what the green would be other than incidental copper oxidation.

it's a conglomerate stone, the brown chunks are flint/chert and the host rock appears to be basaltic. I'm guessing you're in a glacial zone and this is a basalt/chert tillite conglomerate.

Sorry... the video tells the story. My Son found this rock in a bag of river rock used in gardens that came from Lowes. The green is from a marker he was playing with.

We live in Texas, United States

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread