What kind of rock is this?

Akira

Mar 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this rock while off reading with some friends at an old mine in Ocala Florida. I am not sure what it is? 3898.jpeg IMG_20180320_181635.jpg IMG_20180320_181523.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google chert nodule also look at flint rock

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Akira! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Akira

Mar 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google chert nodule also look at flint rock

Ty. That is what I was thinking it is. But it was different from any of the other rocks in the area. Most were just limerock and there was alot of Flint looking stuff but this one is a totally different color as most were more blue grey. It was also round where all the others were more square chipped looking. Either way it was very unique to everything else in the area and as such it will be a keeper.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread