Please help identify!

Nick22t

Mar 23, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post is kind of a continuation of my last post, but I wanted to provide my total collection in hopes to get insight on them as individuals.

All of these arrowheads have been found in Union Mills, Nc 28167 in the same development with the exception of the one at the top labeled A, which was found in Rutherfordton, Nc 28139.

I would love to know the tribe/era, or what type these are.

B,C,D and E were found within a 250’ radius at one new home site.

F I’ve been told was a bird shot?

Any info is much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 7.46.47 PM.png

Upvote 0

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All or most of those points are thousands of years old. Tribe names are long lost to history. No written record.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
those are great saves,,, most of those almost pass as plain ordinary rocks. Quartz is such a rotten stone to make points out of.

BAW

Jul 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE. your example "F" which someone told you was a bird point - I believe that someone in the past rationalized that since present day hunters use a .22 for sitting birds and a .30-06 or similar for large game, small arrowheads must be for birds and large ones for big game or war. When you consider the fact that it is harder to make a small point than to make a large one and much easier to break a small one in the making or in use, as well as the fact that a sharpened shaft without a stone point would kill a bird just as easily as one with a point, it makes one wonder if the term "bird point" makes sense. I don't think it is rational to believe an Indian would spend that amount of time to make a stone point in order to shoot a bird.
Ishi, the last of the Yahi Indians of northern California, said that small points were best used on large game like bear, as they penetrated better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread