Please help me choose a probe. Here are some choices I have...

S

sbrowncpr

Tinytec Ultraluxe ONLY $69.95 Plus Shipping
The only probe with a tip machined to a semi-point for easier soil insertion.
The only probe with a 25-month warranty.
The only probe with a full-sized Owner's Manual containing full instructions, including detectorist's and tricks even a stamped addressed envelope to mail the warranty registration!
The only probe with a BSAS (Auto Shutoff / Battery Saver) circuit. This automatically turns Tinytec on when the probe is pointed downward as when probing the soil. When the probe is carried or stored in a holster with the tip pointing upward, the probe is automatically turned off. A Bypass Switch allows over riding the Bypass circuit for searching overhead areas such as beams in old houses.
Tinytec utilizes a manual sensitivity adjustment to allow a precise setting for the search conditions.
Tinytec is built tough for rugged use, but is not intended for use as a digging tool.
Tinytec is not designed for use in wet salt beach conditions.
The 8 1/2" Tinytec probe tube is waterproof, but the control housing is not.
Tinytec has an Electronic light - Super Bright!! Use as a penlight! Discover the excitement of night hunting!

TREASURE MATE PINPOINTING PROBE
Field tests coming in very positive for the TREASURE MATE. Designed to find small gold nuggets, coins and relics. Makes pinpointing easy and it is getting excellent depth in mineralized ground conditions. The TREASURE MATE comes with a holster, treasure pouch and two free issues of the International California Mining Journal. Limited Lifetime Warranty-Manufactured by Tesoro Electronics exclusively for Treasure West.
SPECIFICATIONS

* FREQUENCY: 16.5khz
* COIL: 3/8" coax
* SIGNAL: (1)LED and Speaker (2) LED and Vibrator
* SETTINGS: Ground Balance and Tuning Controls
* BATTERY: 9 Volt
* BATTERY LIFE: 30~50 Hours
* WEIGHT: 6 Ounces
* TEMPERATURE RANGE: 30~100 Degrees F
* HUMIDITY: 0~70%
* MODE: All Metal, Variable Range Tunning
* WARRANTY: Limited Lifetime Warranty
* SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE: $159.00

Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
My girlfreind got a tinytec probe.............I prefer my bullseye2. I like the warranty on the tinytec but it looks a little cheesy. She likes it & she only paid $40 a month ago. I'll ask her for the link & post it for you if it is still on sale. Ive never seen or used the treasure mate, how much are they askin for?

neilo

Aug 23, 2005
Depending on what detector you have, have you had a look at the Sunray probes.These are mounted to your detector using the detectors own circuitry.It is just like having an extra coil.With your machine on a discriminate pattern the probe discriminates as well.If your machine has a pinpoint mode your probe works on that as well and you get absolute bulls eye pinpointing. plus you dont have to buy batteries because they are using the detectors own. They are made to fit all popular brands and once you use one you wouldnt be without it. good luck seeya Neilo

OP
OP
S

sbrowncpr

Hey Neilo,
Yes, I have been looking at the Sunray models. I have an Ace 250. The Sunray that fits mine is $169.00. Is it worth the price?

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I agree with Neilo. The Sun Ray is the best one out there. Once you use it, you will never want to be without it. It is worth the money!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I just bought a Sherlock pinpointer(new around $50.). It does much better(about 75% more depth) than my Bullseye.

One thing I have heard about the Sunray probe for the DFX - if you run your detector "hot" (preamp of 4, AC and DC gains way up) it will have a tendency to false. Therefore I passed on it.

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread